Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hi all

Nihilist

Hi all

Hi everyone, I just found this site and must say that I am extremely impressed.

I just started working for a company that does Kyocera runups in Australia. I started on the latest machines, the 3500,5500i etc.

I have never worked in the industry before but have worked for IBM, Apple and a number of other companies in the IT field and live and breath IT.

I look foward to furthering my experience on copiers and hope to make many friends here along the way.

Anyone else in the industry here in Australia feel free to pm me or add me to friendslist etc if there is such a thing here.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Re: Hi all

Welcome. Just a word of caution, a lot of guys on this forum have issues with IT people (whether they will admit it or not). I would downplay the IT angle a little just for the sake of getting helpful answers to your questions. There are a lot of good people here willing to help out. However, you'll find that people here seem to be more willing to help out a rookie copier tech than an IT guy. I'm not sure why that is, it just seems to be a universal truth. Oh yeah, there are tons of guys from Australia who post here...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Hi all

Welcome! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    Welcome. Just a word of caution, a lot of guys on this forum have issues with IT people (whether they will admit it or not). I would downplay the IT angle a little just for the sake of getting helpful answers to your questions. There are a lot of good people here willing to help out. However, you'll find that people here seem to be more willing to help out a rookie copier tech than an IT guy. I'm not sure why that is, it just seems to be a universal truth. Oh yeah, there are tons of guys from Australia who post here...
    Thanks for the advice. When I say IT I mean everything electronic, software, computers, copiers, everything techie.. If you can pull it apart, Install firmware or boot it up I love it. I am definitely a rookie copier guy, and look forward to help and advice. I am liking these machines a lot.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Hi all

Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself