Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Aloha!

Technician

Aloha!

Hi! New technician here. I've had 1 week training. Next week (tomorrow) I'm out on the field alone fixing MFP's.

God damn I'm tense and nervous. Phew..

I have no prior experience with print/copy/scan/fax. ZERO. I have a certificate of completed apprenticeship on "production electronics". Never did much mechanical service on anything. Most of the time we had thousands of RJ45 to make. Plugging D-subs.. hehe.. wires and cables.

I'm a softwareguy, coming from a background of programming, networking, hacking, linux etc. Self-taught. So what makes me most tense is understanding technical schemes and being able to do the mechanical service. *pray to God* I'll do my best.

Also read through the mistakes technicians have done on another thread on this site. Had a good laugh and was thinking to myself "I'll top everything but the farting in the vacuumer" .. haha.. can't wait to paint an office in cyan toner.. ahhhh..

Thanks for reading, I guess I'll ask lots of questions from now on. I'm working primarly on Toshiba MFP's.. and some Ricoh.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Aloha!

Re: Aloha!

We'll be waiting for those questions. Nothing is too stupid to ask ... ok, some things are too stupid. but show that you've thought about it a little and you shouldn't get razzed too badly.

Welcome! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Aloha!

Welcome
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Technician

First day over. I used 2,5 hours changing 1 DEV-KIT and calibrated it. Ended with a nice white stripe on every B/W copy/print. Hehe.. somehow I've managed to damage the drum. So have to order a new one and install. Phew.... customer was very kind to me and said it didn't matter. Printing of text was allright.

Back at the office.. getting another DEV-KIT ready for customer. Doing PM on the main charger. The damn saw-blade cuts through the tiny plasticdot it's supposed to hang on to. Another part to order. Hopefully I'll find that part in some other copier down the cellar.

Wellwell, quite a bad start. Did I tell you the first time I visited the new job the tech wanted to show me the very basic of MFP's. He made a copy, went on to something else. I couldn't find the copy. I looked beside the MFP, behind it.. and started to slowly panic. Asked him were the paper came out. "At the front". He seemed impressed. Haha..

My oh my how will this work out

Technician

God damnit, I've made 2 posts about my first day, and it's not getting there. Now this is gonna be short now.

I damaged a drum in the PU unit. Nice white line on B/W pictures. New drum ordered.

Back at the office I manage to damage the main charger on another PU. New part ordered.
    Last edited by purpleohm; 08-08-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Aloha!

Quote Originally Posted by purpleohm View Post
    God damnit, I've made 2 posts about my first day, and it's not getting there. Now this is gonna be short now.

I damaged a drum in the PU unit. Nice white line on B/W pictures. New drum ordered.

Back at the office I manage to damage the main charger on another PU. New part ordered.
    Well, it looks like you're off to a good start.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Mhm, I love to panic and sweat

It's been a pretty mellow start. Most of the time I'm out to a customer it's been changing the PU. So doing PM on PU at the office and get out to customer and install. Calibrate. But! I'm noticing something, why's the Ozone Filter always left in the PM-KIT package? I got this feeling I should install it. None told me.. strange.. I've changed the PU-K on 2 eStudio-2500c, so I'm left with 2 ozone filters hehe... hmmmmmmmmm.

Also, I'm back from another customer, and the orderticket said "PM" .. well, what PM? So I just changed the PU-K there too.. I noticed the toner is low on all 3 colors but black.. and I checked the counters, and there were many * (stars) there.. to me it seems that every PU unit should have a PM.. I'm not sure.. I'll ask someone tomorrow though.

The service technician trained me for 1 week, and left for vacation. 3 weeks left without him.. haha..

Interesting times..