Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Compatability

jasonp

Compatability

Hi guys .
    Does anyone no if a cl 7300 ricoh black pcu will work in a ricoh 3228....i only have a pcu for a7300 and i dont want to take a hole loan unit half way across the eastern cape.....i found this and it seems to be compatible the other way round
    pcu2.jpg

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Compatability

Re: Compatability

Quote Originally Posted by jasonp View Post
    Hi guys .
    Does anyone no if a cl 7300 ricoh black pcu will work in a ricoh 3228....i only have a pcu for a7300 and i dont want to take a hole loan unit half way across the eastern cape.....i found this and it seems to be compatible the other way round
    pcu2.jpg

I can't tell you for sure. I don't have much experience with the printer side of Ricoh, but I'm sure you'll have to at least swap the front faceplate of the PCU.
    Also, check the length of the waste toner tube on the back, seems to me I've heard there may be a difference in length.
    Having said that, I've ALWAYS used the 2238C PCU's in the 32 series machines because the faceplate IS the only difference and they're less than half the price (here).
    You might consider the option of just swapping the drum, PCR, foam roller, and cleaning blade from the 7300 if that's all you have. I'm sure they're all the same.

P.S.
    Welcome to CTN, and you might consider re-posting this in the Ricoh copier and/or printer forum, for more suggestions