Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C454 C-1144

Re: C454 C-1144

hey guys - I cant figure out how the darn exit unit comes out of the FS-534 - pretty much stripped the finisher down and the bugger is loose but not out.
    I have error c-1184 and the gear that drives the upper exit guide is split, but what a mission to get that out... any one have a disassemble guide, didn't see the exit guide removal in the service manual....feeling whipped
    Hey what ya doing? - just screwing around.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C454 C-1144

Quote Originally Posted by Konicoz View Post
    hey guys - I cant figure out how the darn exit unit comes out of the FS-534 - pretty much stripped the finisher down and the bugger is loose but not out.
    I have error c-1184 and the gear that drives the upper exit guide is split, but what a mission to get that out... any one have a disassemble guide, didn't see the exit guide removal in the service manual....feeling whipped
    I'm facing the same problem, were you able to get it out?

Nah, after stripping the finisher it came out eventually but no easy procedure. I had the broken gear to fit to the exit unit (cost almost nothing) but then realised that it was a bugger to replace - so we just got a complete new exit unit, (costs half the price of the finisher!!! )

but saved me hours of labour, uncertainty and hassles if it didn't work. Now we have a finisher at the office for swap (and repair in workshop) for next time it happens.
    Hey what ya doing? - just screwing around.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C454 C-1144

Quote Originally Posted by Konicoz View Post
    Nah, after stripping the finisher it came out eventually but no easy procedure. I had the broken gear to fit to the exit unit (cost almost nothing) but then realised that it was a bugger to replace - so we just got a complete new exit unit, (costs half the price of the finisher!!! )

but saved me hours of labour, uncertainty and hassles if it didn't work. Now we have a finisher at the office for swap (and repair in workshop) for next time it happens.
    Thanks for the response.

Technician

I've found it in another thread:

C552 with FS-526 shows C-1144

thank you all!!!