Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Federico Ratti

KMB C550 Fiery connection lost.

Hi everybody, I´m new here and this is my first thread post.
    I´m from Argentina, sorry if my english isn´t a 100% correct.
    I currently work in a printing workshop with a Konica Minolta Bizhub C550 and accidentally lost the connection between the machine and the Fiery Controller when re-initializating the firmware due to some failures.
    I´d like to learn how to re-establish the connection, since I´m not using the Fiery, but working with the machine´s network port directly to the router, instead.
    I will appreciate any help given.

Thanks.

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar
    Welcome Aboard!
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts livewire's Avatar

Re: KMB C550 Fiery connection lost.

Hi Federico, Welcome!
    Better ask here:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/

Federico Ratti

¡Thanks a lot!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

OK, so what message are you getting? You must have some type of warning on the screen to indicate a problem. I'm happy to help, just need more info.

Federico Ratti

Quote Originally Posted by blaze2000 View Post
    OK, so what message are you getting? You must have some type of warning on the screen to indicate a problem. I'm happy to help, just need more info.
    The Fiery LCD display shows "FF" when starting and Command Workstation (the Windows Fiery client) requests to check cables and connections.
    I´ve already checked cables; and as a matter of fact we haven´t had move the machine anywhere, I just re-initialized the firmware from Service Mode and lost link when done.
    I actually can log into the Fiery LAN utility via web browser, but get the same message "check cables and connections".
    I´ve checked the Network Settings on the machine, and everything is on automatic mode. The Fiery should assign the dynamic IP to the machine when starting, just as a router does, right?
    I can also log into the machine´s utilities and it shows no message there.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Welcome to CTN!!
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

sounds like you will have to reinstall the software on the controller. I've seen them die like that, hopefully no problems with the HDD, just try reinstalling fiery system software. Hopefully thats all it needs.

Federico Ratti

Quote Originally Posted by blaze2000 View Post
    sounds like you will have to reinstall the software on the controller. I've seen them die like that, hopefully no problems with the HDD, just try reinstalling fiery system software. Hopefully thats all it needs.
    I´ve modified nothing in the controller, seems like it´s something related to the machine´s firmware re-initialization I mistakenly did. Maybe some sort of re-configuration from the machine and not from the Fiery is what it needs, I´m just supposing.

But OK, so how can I perform a software reinstall to the Controller? I only know how to get into the Fiery´s LAN configuration via web browser, but I´m pretty sure I can´t do a reinstall through there.

Sorry if I´m way too newbie... and thanks again for your cooperation

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

its not horrible but it is somewhat complex process to reinstall system software on a fiery controller. The controller should display 00 when it is ready ff indicates that fiery didn't boot fully. If the fiery you have has the green push button led for booting,(I don't recall off hand)... make sure that button is not stuck in the depressed position... that may cause that issue. The install instructions are as follows.... do so at your own risk.ETHERNET LOADThe installation program must be run directly from the DVD;1. Disconnect cables from Fiery® and power it down. Power down the MFP using sub-switch.2. Power on PC and disable wireless port, firewall, and FTP and TFTP services3. Enable DHCP on PC.4. If Auto run does not start the install programon the DVD when inserted, Double-click on Fiery® Installer.exe.5. Flip both DIPswitches (one inch away from LED display on Fiery® - sometimes covered by gray tape).6. Select language, approve license screen and Ethernet connection screen.7. Turn ON the Fiery® power switch and wait 15 seconds or so until "FF" is seen on the Fiery® LED (green switch light must be ON). Within 2-3 minutes "1 of 11" will show on installer screen.8. This will take about 25 minutes.9. Once "11 of 11" is done, with status bar not moving and "0KB" visible, click "Finish".10. Ignore verbiage in installer, power down the Fiery® using the AC switch, reset DIPswitches to original, then power down the MFP using the main sub-switch.11. Reconnect normal cables, power up the MFP, then the Fiery® AC switch making sure green soft-switch light goes ON.12. At this point it can take the Fiery® up to 60 minutes to complete self-install. When the Fiery® is done the "Controller" button on the MFP LCD is active and "00" is seen on the Fiery® LED.13. Set up the Fiery® partially through the MFP interface, or via Web Configure (more settings).
    Attached Files Attached Files