Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    WesTek

Hello All! / Xerox 7500 issue

Hello All!

I just got the heads-up about this site and with having to troubleshoot the more complicated printer / copier issues here at work, I figured it would be good to have an additional resource and this looks like it could be pretty helpful!

Figured I'd start off with a problem I'm having with a Xerox Phaser 7500. Hopefully someone can help!

The low down...
    This machine had the MCU board replaced a little while ago, and one of my techs ended up bending the EEPROM legs and breaking one off. We just replaced the EEPROM and the machine now boots but I'm getting the following errors. 61-358 and 41-340. The main is the 61-358 as the other has only shown up once.

Looks like it is not recognizing the yellow laser as being compatible with this machine, there is also a different error on the web interface that shows it is the wrong Transfer Belt installed.

So I'm figuring something went wrong when the EEPROM was written to and now the machine doesn't know what model it is as these parts were not replaced and had been working fine before the MCU was replaced.

I want to reset the NVRAM but looks like the full reset is in the hidden menu which is inaccessable due to the error that comes up after POST. Diagnostics menu has some NVRAM options but none of what I need.

I also can't update the firmware as I can't get it into a print ready state.

SO! Is there a special power up sequence that will put the machine into a flash ready mode? Or is there another way to reset the NVRAM that I have not been able to find? Like maybe a jumper on the MCU or a power up sequence?

Thanks guys! Nice to be here!

- Wes

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar
    Welcome Aboard!
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Hello All! / Xerox 7500 issue

We call this section "Newbie Check In" because it's the place for newbies to introduce themselves and tell us a little bit about themselves. Those of us that are Xerox experts probably won't be looking in the Newbie Check In area. So if you'd like your question to come in front of the Xerox experts, please start a new thread in the Xerox Forum.

And welcome! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

WesTek

Fair enough, figured I'd try and kill 2 birds with one stone. I'll toss this into the Xerox forum. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    We call this section "Newbie Check In" because it's the place for newbies to introduce themselves and tell us a little bit about themselves. Those of us that are Xerox experts probably won't be looking in the Newbie Check In area. So if you'd like your question to come in front of the Xerox experts, please start a new thread in the Xerox Forum.

And welcome! =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts livewire's Avatar

Hi Wes, Wecome to CTN!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Glad to have you join us. As blackcat said, you will get a lot more techs qualified on brand X in the Xerox technical forum. Here you just get read by a few of us old timers and most of us don't currently work on Xerox.