Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi, Any online training for newbies?

Hi all.

I am very happy to be a part of this forum.

I would like to be a good technician in servicing Canon brand.

So, if anyone know an online website that present ONLINE TRAINING, please tell.

Regards.

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar
    Hi dedode, welcome to Copytechnet.com!
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Hi, Any online training for newbies?

Great question.

Your employer will provide you with the training you'll get. Some of it comes directly from Canon when you get your Canon website login. Now the actual amount of training can vary quite a lot. Typically, you'll benefit the most from training early in your career. The longer you've been doing the job, the smaller the incremental benefits of classroom training.

A significant amount of your training will be on-the-job training. Your employer tosses you in front of a machine you've never seen, and you figure out as much as you can. Then you use the manual to fill in the rest.

A third kind of training is just being a member here, and reading threads about models you recognize. You can learn quite a lot just by seeing what others do in certain situations. You can also learn what not to do. Eventually, you may be reading along and think: "Hey, I know how to fix that!" and you can put in your own 2 cents if you so desire.

You might notice that you are instrumental in providing most of your own training. Good luck, and Welcome! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Welcome dedode

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
    Hi dedode, welcome to Copytechnet.com!
    Thanks Aneurysm.
    I am happy to be a member in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Great question.

Your employer will provide you with the training you'll get. Some of it comes directly from Canon when you get your Canon website login. Now the actual amount of training can vary quite a lot. Typically, you'll benefit the most from training early in your career. The longer you've been doing the job, the smaller the incremental benefits of classroom training.

A significant amount of your training will be on-the-job training. Your employer tosses you in front of a machine you've never seen, and you figure out as much as you can. Then you use the manual to fill in the rest.

A third kind of training is just being a member here, and reading threads about models you recognize. You can learn quite a lot just by seeing what others do in certain situations. You can also learn what not to do. Eventually, you may be reading along and think: "Hey, I know how to fix that!" and you can put in your own 2 cents if you so desire.

You might notice that you are instrumental in providing most of your own training. Good luck, and Welcome! =^..^=
    Dear blackcat4866.
    Your answer is great, thank you very much.
    But isn't there any kind of virtual online training?

Quote Originally Posted by bob marley View Post
    Welcome dedode
    Thanks bob marley.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dedode View Post
    ... Dear blackcat4866.
    Your answer is great, thank you very much.
    But isn't there any kind of virtual online training? ...
    It's going to depend a lot on your employer, and on you.

Some techs do not make much use of the educational opportunities presented to them. I've know techs to wander in still drunk in the morning, awaiting the afternoon hangover. These individuals do not get much from their educational experience, and it won't be offered again.

Personally, I'm one of those individuals that instructors hate to see coming. At one of my first Kyocera classes I asked an instructor what "KIR" stands for. To his credit he said he'd find out. I've had several of these questions each day. I don't get competent education every day, and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss the opportunity to ask some difficult questions.

If you're looking for that magical free website where you can learn everything about copiers for nothing, it just doesn't exist. A one week long classroom seat costs a couple thousand dollars. My suggestion to you is that you remind your employer that you take the education very seriously, and very likely you'll see more of it. Most of these courses are pass/fail, so no actual grade is issued, but when you see the gold badge on the certificate it's because you got 100%. Your employer will notice that. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

You can get a lot of Canon support here!

welcome_6.gif
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It's going to depend a lot on your employer, and on you.

Some techs do not make much use of the educational opportunities presented to them. I've know techs to wander in still drunk in the morning, awaiting the afternoon hangover. These individuals do not get much from their educational experience, and it won't be offered again.

Personally, I'm one of those individuals that instructors hate to see coming. At one of my first Kyocera classes I asked an instructor what "KIR" stands for. To his credit he said he'd find out. I've had several of these questions each day. I don't get competent education every day, and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss the opportunity to ask some difficult questions.

If you're looking for that magical free website where you can learn everything about copiers for nothing, it just doesn't exist. A one week long classroom seat costs a couple thousand dollars. My suggestion to you is that you remind your employer that you take the education very seriously, and very likely you'll see more of it. Most of these courses are pass/fail, so no actual grade is issued, but when you see the gold badge on the certificate it's because you got 100%. Your employer will notice that. =^..^=
    Dear blackcat, I appreciate your very good answer.
    You mentioned that there is no free websites, what about non free websites? can you mention some?

Thank you very much for your upcoming answer.

Regards.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    You can get a lot of Canon support here!

welcome_6.gif
    Welcome zoraldinho.

I saw the kind people here who support newbies, so thank you for all what you did.