Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dell 3110 cn

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Dell 3110 cn

What would cause prints to go light yet the printer gives no indication of any cartridges being low or empty? It does tend to say that is calibrating quite often though. Thank you for any help given.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Dell 3110 cn

Re: Dell 3110 cn

You might take a look for a forced toner add function.

I had a Dell LP5100cn making light copies immediately after installing toner. When I read the operators manual it instructed me to run this menu option: Menu, "Configure" right arrow, "Basic Settings" down arrow, "Maintenance" right arrow, "Maintenance Paper Density" down arrow x5, "Maintenance Developer Cleaning" right arrow, "Developer Cleaning Yellow'" down arrow to desired color, "Desired Color, Are You Sure?", OK (center button). The enduser told me that she had never followed this instruction, or even knew of it's existence. I was not surprised. I mean, why would an enduser read an operator's manual? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Dell 3110 cn

page 228 of user manual

Print is too light. ·
    The print cartridges may be low or need to be replaced.
    Confirm the amountof toner in each print cartridge and replace it with a new one if necessary.·
    Set the Toner Saving Mode check box to off in the Advanced tab in theprinter driver
    If you are printing on an uneven print surface, change the Paper Typesettings in the Tray Settings menu. See "System Settings."· Verify that the correct print media is being used

Once had a kyocera small printer that had very light print. I printed the status page and looked it over, but overlooked the the eco mode setting was on. this is after two hours of checking and replacing parts. now i would not get trapped with that anymore, taught me a lesson would not forget.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke