Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Oki CX-3641

Technician

Oki CX-3641

Hi Everyone, I have a customer with their second 3641 and just like the first it all started when the change belt message came on.
    They put a new belt in and it did not reset. Put another belt in and still not reset. Now it is stuck in the initializing and will not do anything.
    Tech support says to reflash the hard drive and if that doesn't work to change the engine board. This all happened on their first 3641 and customer didn't
    want to spend the money on it. Has anyone had any issues like this with Oki machines? Customer is good at shutting down the machine properly
    so as not to blow anything, so I cant figure what is going on. The belts are from oki, so its not a generic part issue. Any info would be greatly
    appreciated.
    Scott

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Oki CX-3641

Belts can be reset by replacing the small fuse under the belt assembly(sorry I cant remember what type and size ).If you have to service these machines you will be reinstalling the firmware now and then.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Oki CX-3641

Re: Oki CX-3641

Quote Originally Posted by scobo65 View Post
    Hi Everyone, I have a customer with their second 3641 and just like the first it all started when the change belt message came on.
    They put a new belt in and it did not reset. Put another belt in and still not reset. Now it is stuck in the initializing and will not do anything.
    Tech support says to reflash the hard drive and if that doesn't work to change the engine board. This all happened on their first 3641 and customer didn't
    want to spend the money on it. Has anyone had any issues like this with Oki machines? Customer is good at shutting down the machine properly
    so as not to blow anything, so I cant figure what is going on. The belts are from oki, so its not a generic part issue. Any info would be greatly
    appreciated.
    Scott
    Scott,

I have a few of those machines out in the field and did experience where the machine did lockup and I had to re-flash the fiery. But have never had where the machine would not reset the transfer belt. If you need the software and instructions to re-flash the fiery let me know.