Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Xerox 7760 - fading problem

Hi guys. I wanna ask you for help in a matter. So, here it goes : i replaced drums on 4 imaging units on a xerox 7760. I test it, it worked perfect. So i;m thinking to clean the machine a little bit. I clean the lasers, i clean the transfer roller and the pickup roller. Immediately after this, i print something and the quality was far from the 2 initial prints. I tried to reset it, calibrate, clean the lasers again and the quality improved but i just couldn't bring it to the initial functioning state. When i cleaned the lasers, i pushed that cleaning needle beyond the sign on it wich should have been aligned with the face of the printer. Did i damaged something>? What the hell could have went wrong?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox 7760 - fading problem

You may need to replace the transfer roller. You should not clean them especially with any kind of liquid.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox 7760 - fading problem

I used wd40 to clean the roller. I had a feeling i shouldn't have, but....The transfer roller is used about 30%. I am still not sure if the problem comes from the laser units or the transfer roller.