Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

770k Kip I am having trouble scanning to smb

I have created a mailbox that is suppose to scan to a folder on a pc.
    The Kip screen shows a connection and when I use "Select" to browse for the folder I see the folder, click on it and open it, then press ok. All is good. The folders are shared. First there is a folder called SCANS then inside that folder is a folder called "scanned". both are shared. I couldnt make it see a folder after it connected until I add the sub folder. In any case it connects all looks good, but when I go and scan, I select black and white the file type is PDF and then select location of pc then scan document. The document shows up on the KIP screen but never gets transferred to the folder called scanned. What is going on? I cant figure it out.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    770k Kip I am having trouble scanning to smb

Re: 770k Kip I am having trouble scanning to smb

I'm not sure this will help you, but when SMB scanning to Kyocera the folder that you want to share is the first folder listed in the Path: addressbook entry. It will not scan successfully if you share a folder within a shared folder. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I am not versed with kip I admit. Yes I read their example. What I have done is shared the first folder. You then have to go to the machine and fill in the info. If the info is correct the connect button will light up. Once it lights up you press it and it connects to the folder. Now there is a select button on the same screen. It will not work unless it connects. Once it connects you can browse for the folder. The root folder pops up but the open button which is now displayed will not highlight. So that is when I created a subfolder. It now sees that folder and will open. I am thinking it is the wording I used to connect. But the connect button will not connect unless it is correct so I dont know. I know what you are saying about the root. I see youre not versed in this machine either. I tried to connect to the machine using pc to open interface but I dont see how to change settings from there.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    I am not versed with kip I admit. Yes I read their example. What I have done is shared the first folder. You then have to go to the machine and fill in the info. If the info is correct the connect button will light up. Once it lights up you press it and it connects to the folder. Now there is a select button on the same screen. It will not work unless it connects. Once it connects you can browse for the folder. The root folder pops up but the open button which is now displayed will not highlight. So that is when I created a subfolder. It now sees that folder and will open. I am thinking it is the wording I used to connect. But the connect button will not connect unless it is correct so I dont know. I know what you are saying about the root. I see youre not versed in this machine either. I tried to connect to the machine using pc to open interface but I dont see how to change settings from there.
    I set this up using another kip 770 and it works with the root folder but ay the customers location it does not. I think something is stopping it. Maybe antivirus. It says it was added to the firewall so I am hoping that is fine. Just frustrating, its not that hard, at least The other times on different makes. Once I resolve I will return with answer.