Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Konica Minota MC 2300dl

had one brought into shop, don't normally work on this brand. several issues:

one, the paper trail edge stops at exit most of the time (manual says pc10 sensor) the only sensor I can find is in the fusing unit, seems to be operational.

when it does stop, it get a paper size mismatch error, I pull paper out of tray and reload and all is well.

when I can get it to pass paper, the config sheet seems to start about 2-3 inches down from lead edge...is that normal? when I print menu map, the trail edge runs off the end like the registration is off.

when I print demo page, the registration seems off and the magenta is faded bad (that's all I can see on paper), but the image is good on the transfer belt. I get a transfer roller error when that one prints.

any ideas?

thanks

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: Konica Minota MC 2300dl

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    had one brought into shop, don't normally work on this brand. several issues:

one, the paper trail edge stops at exit most of the time (manual says pc10 sensor) the only sensor I can find is in the fusing unit, seems to be operational.

when it does stop, it get a paper size mismatch error, I pull paper out of tray and reload and all is well.

when I can get it to pass paper, the config sheet seems to start about 2-3 inches down from lead edge...is that normal? when I print menu map, the trail edge runs off the end like the registration is off.

when I print demo page, the registration seems off and the magenta is faded bad (that's all I can see on paper), but the image is good on the transfer belt. I get a transfer roller error when that one prints.

any ideas?

thanks
    Sounds like a registration clutch, but that's a guess. Upon Googling this model (cause Ive never heard of it), you might want to consider tossing this machine into the dumpster. It's quite old..
    Last edited by CompyTech; 02-08-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Konica Minota MC 2300dl

Re: Konica Minota MC 2300dl

If this is like a KM Magicolor 2300, start cleaning the old sticking foam over carousel engagement solenoid, put a tape or anything that doesn't stick, check if cartridge carousel is aligned properly (regard your magenta fade) you have some marks there (a service manual will help you). After that check registration solenoid/clutch as suggested.

Good Luck
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated