Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

epson wf-3640 0x97 eerror code

i have an epson wf-3640 that will boot to ready but anytime a job is sent or created (copies and internal prints) the machine gives an 0x97 code and asks that the machine be turned off and back on. i tried updating drivers and firmware but nothing changed. Googling the issue points to the mother board however the sites that show the information i dont trust. has anyone encountered this issue? does anyone have access to the service and parts manules?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

Re: epson wf-3640 0x97 eerror code

Quote Originally Posted by mommok View Post
    i have an epson wf-3640 that will boot to ready but anytime a job is sent or created (copies and internal prints) the machine gives an 0x97 code and asks that the machine be turned off and back on. i tried updating drivers and firmware but nothing changed. Googling the issue points to the mother board however the sites that show the information i dont trust. has anyone encountered this issue? does anyone have access to the service and parts manules?
    Bump

having same issue.

searching google results yields no trustworthy info. From what I've read it's a motherboard or scanner PCB issue, supposedly neither are worth repairing: replace the printer if it's out of warranty.

saw some other sites saying it's a windows issue, a virus, there's an 0x97 error fix tool apparently (probably a scam / malware itself) and that reverting to a system restore point fixes it (lol) obviously this is not true since internal prints fail and the machine is not even connected to a PC

Wondering if anyone actually has a definitive answer as to what this 0x97 is

edit: In my case it's an Epson WF-5620
    Last edited by nekowaiidesu; 11-17-2016 at 11:27 AM. Reason: extra info

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

One of ours was just a paper jam Causing all of it. Open up and remove all trays and look for anything like that. Otherwise.... Hope it is still under WARRANTY!

quereshi

This is Advanced User Solution from Epson WF-3640 Manual:
    • Start the computer and then login as the administrator.
    • Now tap the Start button then hit All Programs > Accessories > Tools > System Restore.
    • From the next screen, tap on "Restore my machine to an earlier date" and then hit on Next.
    • Select the most recent system restore date within the "tap a restoration date" listing, and then hit on Next.
    • Then tap Next on the verification window.
    • Restart your PC whenever the restoration has completed.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    epson wf-3640 0x97 eerror code

y'all are having printhead probs... call Epson 1-800-234-1445

you will more than likely have to box it up and send back to depot for repair.