Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Zebra Printers

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Zebra Printers

Zebra Printers

We have a customer that would like us to maintain there Zebra printers at several warehouse location. With that said and not having much experience with these units my questions are.

1 - Difficulty of repair

2 - Manuals

3 - Parts availability

Don't want to jump into something that would be a headache so If anyone has any experience with putting them under contract you help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Zebra Printers

Re: Zebra Printers

We resell and service Toshiba labels printers. They are generally very reliable with little effort. You are going to have to make some effort to learn the Zebra product line and should probably order one in for inventory.

Great opportunity to sell the customer ribbons and labels as part of your service contract which represents significant recurring revenue.

You can probably gets parts from your computer wholesaler. You can get service manuals from Zebra.

What model #s does the customer want you to service?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Zebra Printers

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    We resell and service Toshiba labels printers. They are generally very reliable with little effort. You are going to have to make some effort to learn the Zebra product line and should probably order one in for inventory.

Great opportunity to sell the customer ribbons and labels as part of your service contract which represents significant recurring revenue.

You can probably gets parts from your computer wholesaler. You can get service manuals from Zebra.

What model #s does the customer want you to service?
    Yes I was thinking the same thing on the supply aspect. Do you provide an all inclusive contract? (parts & labor) I believe the print heads can get quite pricey if I'm correct and don't want to get
    burned. The company is going to send over a list so I can check on the age of the machines.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Zebra Printers

No, a service contract is only for labor. Ribbons, labels, print heads and parts are all extra cost.

Your service contract is basically for cleaning the printers and the labor to install the parts. Parts are sold at MSRP.

You will need to learn the Zebra printer line so it is best to have one in stock. Offer it as a same day/ next day loaner.

Depending on the business, label printers are more important than copiers. If the customer cannot put a label on a product, they cannot ship it.