Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: toner issue

toner issue

I have a customer that has 2 Okidata c711 printers, when one of the printers ran out of toner we replaced it with an after market toner from trend, which didn't work it came up with a message that said it was incompatible, so we purchased an OEM toner and it gave the same message, the only time it doesn't give that message is when the toner that is empty is put back in the machine. I was wondering if it is possible that the toner chip receiver in the machine could of been changed out to only read a certain chip/ toner cartridge. we took over this account because the customer was not happy with the company that was providing them service. if any one has any suggestions or answers on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    toner issue

Re: toner issue

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpo View Post
    I have a customer that has 2 Okidata c711 printers, when one of the printers ran out of toner we replaced it with an after market toner from trend, which didn't work it came up with a message that said it was incompatible, so we purchased an OEM toner and it gave the same message, the only time it doesn't give that message is when the toner that is empty is put back in the machine. I was wondering if it is possible that the toner chip receiver in the machine could of been changed out to only read a certain chip/ toner cartridge. we took over this account because the customer was not happy with the company that was providing them service. if any one has any suggestions or answers on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    no it is a bd... ( toner sensor) and more than likely, you didn't turn the machine off after the incompatible toner was placed.
    I would put the new OEM back in the machine and then power up the printer.