Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox ColorQube 8880 with an A3M2 jam

I'm working on a ColorQube 8880 that's getting consistent jams in the "front door" area when feeding from Tray 2 (the built-in cassette). The paper stops just before the deskew rollers, after crossing the deskew sensor. The jam code from the Usage Profile is A3M2, which is a deskew sensor timeout. This only happens from Tray 2, and not from Trays 3-5.

I've tried switching the paper stock, cassette, and feed rollers from another tray. All the rollers look fresh; the machine only has 38K pages on it.

There aren't a lot of components that aren't common to all the trays, so the fact that it's happening only from tray 2 is throwing me. Anybody seen this before?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox ColorQube 8880 with an A3M2 jam

Re: Xerox ColorQube 8880 with an A3M2 jam

Quote Originally Posted by pebkac View Post
    I'm working on a ColorQube 8880 that's getting consistent jams in the "front door" area when feeding from Tray 2 (the built-in cassette). The paper stops just before the deskew rollers, after crossing the deskew sensor. The jam code from the Usage Profile is A3M2, which is a deskew sensor timeout. This only happens from Tray 2, and not from Trays 3-5.

I've tried switching the paper stock, cassette, and feed rollers from another tray. All the rollers look fresh; the machine only has 38K pages on it.

There aren't a lot of components that aren't common to all the trays, so the fact that it's happening only from tray 2 is throwing me. Anybody seen this before?
    the paper tray is set for the right size n type correct?

if the customer has been having jams.. the deskew sensor could be whacked

Re: Xerox ColorQube 8880 with an A3M2 jam

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    the paper tray is set for the right size n type correct?

if the customer has been having jams.. the deskew sensor could be whacked
    Yep, I checked the tray assignments. I also tried plain and thick/glossy paper, letter and legal. No difference.

The paper guide with the deskew sensor is on my hitlist, it's just strange that paper feeds fine from all of the other cassettes. They all have to pass the deskew sensor.

I was also considering the media drive assembly, since it appears to be responsible for turning the tray 2 nudge and feed rollers.

Mostly I'm just scratching my head.