Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox WC6605 - Airprint issue

Morning folks,

I have a wonderful issue that is baffling me.

Customer has a WC6605 that they have been printing to via Airprint with no problems. Yesterday they called us in to have a look at a couple of issues. One of which is them now being unable to print via Airprint.

I spent a while going through settings and according to the information i'm reading on the machines web interface Airprint appears to be on (IPP and Bonjour are on). I've tried disabling everything and then restarting but to no avail. Also their Macbook can no longer find the WC6605 on Bonjour.

And as if that wasn't enough... I also tried to upgrade the firmware and am getting a 016-744 Checksum Error. All this points to an IP board but I'm just trying to eliminate anything silly before I change the board.

I have a different WC6605 on the bench at the moment and I've replicated everything i've done at my customers and it just works....

Confused.com!!

Cheers in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox WC6605 - Airprint issue

Re: Xerox WC6605 - Airprint issue

Were there any updates to their Apple products? I've heard that Apple updates are notorious for breaking things that WERE working. Guess the same can be said for the Windows side on occasion.

Technician

Re: Xerox WC6605 - Airprint issue

Hmmm yeah I thought that too. My phone is on the latest OS and it works ok to a machine with the same level firmware. Really confusing.