Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Field Service Engineer 2,500+ Posts
    OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    51

    OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    Hi all,

    First time posting under “other brands” is OKI not big enough for its own forum!?

    Been to a mc873dn today, nearly new install (3 months) its printing a black dot across the page about 2cm apart so i’d say charge roller width.

    Sure enough pulling the black drum unit out I can see the black dot on the drum, however this wipes of drum with ease but stil prints these spots!

    Can this unit be disassembled or shall I simply order a new K drum unit? (Even tho life is less that 1k!)

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Hi all,

    First time posting under “other brands” is OKI not big enough for its own forum!?

    Been to a mc873dn today, nearly new install (3 months) its printing a black dot across the page about 2cm apart so i’d say charge roller width.

    Sure enough pulling the black drum unit out I can see the black dot on the drum, however this wipes of drum with ease but stil prints these spots!

    Can this unit be disassembled or shall I simply order a new K drum unit? (Even tho life is less that 1k!)
    take some " NuFinish " car polish... coat the charge roller...and buff it off. do this twice... the mark should be gone ( if indeed it is the roller causing it ) it appears to me to make the print a lil bolder also!


  3. #3
    Field Service Engineer 2,500+ Posts
    OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    take some " NuFinish " car polish... coat the charge roller...and buff it off. do this twice... the mark should be gone ( if indeed it is the roller causing it ) it appears to me to make the print a lil bolder also!
    Wow car polish, ok, but these drum units appear to be a sealed unit? How does one acces the charge roller?

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Wow car polish, ok, but these drum units appear to be a sealed unit? How does one acces the charge roller?
    carefully!


  5. #5
    Field Service Engineer 2,500+ Posts
    OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: OKI MC873DN Dots in black

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    carefully!
    Thanks, i’ll go with my original plan & order a new K drum!

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here