Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Refilling Samsung CLP-415NW Cartridges

While printing today on this cheap little machine, I started losing cyan, although the software box on my computer said it still had 19%. So that brings up a question. Since the chip on the cartridge thinks its still 19% full, is there any reason I can't refill it and use it all I want? Because once it goes to zero, then you have to get a new cartridge or a new chip. But what about just refilling it, putting it back in, and printing till I lose saturation again? As long as it still says 19%, logically the printer will always be happy and not stop me from printing. Thank you.

BTW, I am not a senior tech. I never checked that box when I signed up, and don't know how to get rid of it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Refilling Samsung CLP-415NW Cartridges

Re: Refilling Samsung CLP-415NW Cartridges

Printers don't know if something inside the drum unit has gone BAD. Drum/Charge roller, doctor blade, etc. MANY users look at or print out the supplies page and say <whatever supply> still has <however> much life left. They don't know HOW printers work.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Refilling Samsung CLP-415NW Cartridges

Thank you. But I do know how printers work. I say I'm not a Senior Tech, because I never checked that box or whatever when I first signed up. But to be truthful, I may very well be a senior tech. 6 years of being a dirt poor owner of a Konica C500 and this site made me a "senior tech", and then some.

As for this particular question, I am quite sure it simply ran out of toner. Because when I shook the cartridge to redistribute the toner inside, my color came back for a brief time.