Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Epson WF-R4640

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Angry Epson WF-R4640

Having print quality issues , not getting good fill on the nozzle check and getting black streaks with kind of a swishy look , not consistent , like crud on the underside of the printhead . Tried cleaning the printhead thru the op panel like an end user , then tried putting a paper towel under the printhead with head cleaner on it and let it soak for a couple hours , then wiped with a dry Paper towel . Still no better . Does anyone have a service manual or any ideas how to proceed ? The printhead is buried and is fed from bags of ink on the side of the unit thru tubes , so I can not purge this unit as sometimes works . Thanks in advance , Ark .

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Epson WF-R4640

Re: Epson WF-R4640

Quote Originally Posted by Arkynsaw View Post
    Having print quality issues , not getting good fill on the nozzle check and getting black streaks with kind of a swishy look , not consistent , like crud on the underside of the printhead . Tried cleaning the printhead thru the op panel like an end user , then tried putting a paper towel under the printhead with head cleaner on it and let it soak for a couple hours , then wiped with a dry Paper towel . Still no better . Does anyone have a service manual or any ideas how to proceed ? The printhead is buried and is fed from bags of ink on the side of the unit thru tubes , so I can not purge this unit as sometimes works . Thanks in advance , Ark .
    i have the service manual... give me your email addy.

one trick I have found... take a paper towel fold n cut to fit in the track where the printhead runs. Wet the towel with Simple Green Cleaner... push printhead over towel... now spray and blot up the docking station ( be sure to clean the wiper blade well ) ... let it sit for about 30 or so minutes ..remove towel and try a nozzle check. This has worked on every Epson... HP...Brother..and FP ink/heads.... so far about 30 machines...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks Phil B , I did receive the link and downloaded the file , will get a look see and try to reply here when I get to the end of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

one trick I have found... take a paper towel fold n cut to fit in the track where the printhead runs. Wet the towel with Simple Green Cleaner... push printhead over towel... now spray and blot up the docking station ( be sure to clean the wiper blade well ) ... let it sit for about 30 or so minutes ..remove towel and try a nozzle check. This has worked on every Epson... HP...Brother..and FP ink/heads.... so far about 30 machines...
    Aloha,
    I have the same issue with my Epson Workforce Pro wf-r4640 printer that the above post was replying to. I would very much appreciate it if you could share the link to the service manual with me so I can hopefully take care of this problem.
    My email is keaoku@hawaii.rr.com

Thanks,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

Hi Phil B Is there a video for this re the wf-r4640? Will another cleaner besides Simple Green work?

TYSM!