Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Dell c2665dnf Magenta Toner

I have this machine that says to reseat or replace magenta toner cartridge. It has been replaced 2'x already with the same results. The cartridges are genuine Dell so, I am not sure what is going on. Any advice out there? I work on Konica Minolta MFP's usually.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Dell c2665dnf Magenta Toner

Possibly a faulty magenta dispenser. The CRUM reader is part of this assembly. It could be faulty. Replacing dispensers on the Dell version of this Xerox printer (WorkCentre 6605) is cost prohibitive due to the Dell version being much less expensive than the Xerox version. You can easily surpass at least half the cost of a new printer by just the amount of time to replace the part. The part number for the Xerox version is 094K93422. There is no Dell equivalent. It's probably the same part, just different colored plastics (Blue(?) on the Dell and that Peach color on the Xerox).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

[QUOTE=Lance15;721461]Possibly a faulty magenta dispenser. The CRUM reader is part of this assembly. It could be faulty. Replacing dispensers on the Dell version of this Xerox printer (WorkCentre 6605) is cost prohibitive due to the Dell version being much less expensive than the Xerox version. You can easily surpass at least half the cost of a new printer by just the amount of time to replace the part. The part number for the Xerox version is 094K93422. There is no Dell equivalent. It's probably the same part, just different colored plastics (Blue(?) on the Dell and that Peach color on the Xerox).

Thank you for the info. Is there a way to test it at all? I do agree that it is a throw away repair.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just the dispenser motor. Doesn't look like any test for the CRUM reader.