Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Kip 860 wide format delivery?

I've sold one of these a few years ago and delivery was to first floor, rolled right in no big deal.

Now have a customer that wants one but only if able to get to 2nd floor. It's in an industrial bldg so should be fine structurally to hold the weight, 1200lbs. But was wondering how you would get it up the steps. We have a motorized stair climber but it's too heavy for that plus could never put on end to be able to use it.

I've heard there are professional movers specializing in this, cover steps with a ramp, etc. Also thought of piano movers?

Appreciate any ideas or if someone delivered one of these to a 2nd floor how the hell did you do it?

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kip 860 wide format delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I've sold one of these a few years ago and delivery was to first floor, rolled right in no big deal.

Now have a customer that wants one but only if able to get to 2nd floor. It's in an industrial bldg so should be fine structurally to hold the weight, 1200lbs. But was wondering how you would get it up the steps. We have a motorized stair climber but it's too heavy for that plus could never put on end to be able to use it.

I've heard there are professional movers specializing in this, cover steps with a ramp, etc. Also thought of piano movers?

Appreciate any ideas or if someone delivered one of these to a 2nd floor how the hell did you do it?

Thanks in advance
    can they knock a window out? hire a crane?

exboss hired HOUSE movers.. pissed when the dropped the 400# Epson T7270 down the stairs!

go for the bonded pros

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post

Thanks in advance
    I'd hire movers and let them worry about it. Make sure they are insured. I'm sure they would come out and give a free quote.
    Years ago we had a production copier going into a school, like 2000lbs. They used 6 of these remote controlled mini tanks. One on each corner and two in the center. Went in fine since the stairs were wide. Unfortunately, the Xerox Docutech going out tumbled down the stairs. Crashed into a cinder block wall, not through it but sure did some damage. Sorry, I guess this wasn't the best place to tell this story. On the plus side it was the old one going out and I'm sure insurance covered it.
    If they do use those mini treaded vehicles make sure they tether it with some lines.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

DSC_0038.JPG This is how we had an 860 delivered to the 2nd floor, left it in it's box until it was inside the building, luckily it's an old warehouse with double doors on the 2nd floor, think they might have used a forklift...i wasn't there to watch.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    DSC_0038.JPG This is how we had an 860 delivered to the 2nd floor, left it in it's box until it was inside the building, luckily it's an old warehouse with double doors on the 2nd floor, think they might have used a forklift...i wasn't there to watch.
    Good call leaving it in the box, that would be the best way to do it. It's completely supported from underneath by styrofoam and a pallet. Made to be moved by a forklift. Glad it worked out for you!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

We've done a wide format to 2nd floor. We just got lucky though. The 2nd floor offices opened out to a warehouse with a set of double doors opening out into mid-air. We fork-lifted the machine right up into the doorway and rolled it 15' to it's final resting place. It could never have gotten up the 30" wide stairway with the hard right turn at the bottom. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=