Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Kodak i610 scanner lines on screen

Working on a Kodak scanner that we recently changed all the lamps on. This was very costly for the customer and now there are lines on the document after it has been scanned. We went back to site removed glass, lamps, cleaned glass behind lamps and optical mirrors behing that glass. It worked for a lil while and now it has come back. The only problem is it doesn't happen everytime. Any help would be appreciated.

J

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar
    Have you recalibrated it using the calibration sheet? Otherwise you may need to clean the camera

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I have never worked on a Kodak, but scanning should be the same. I had a Minolta one time that would show a line on about one third of the prints. It had a scratch on the slit glass. I just had one with a chip on one of the mirrors. Any tech who has worked on a Minolta Di 183, will tell you how 90% of the time lines on copies is from a spec on a mirror. Is your line in the same place every time?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

We pulled out the whole laser assy and cleaned every single mirror in that machine. The problem was intermittent but we havent received a call back yet. Im pretty sure thats going to take care of it. I will repost if it comes back. Thanks.

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Lee View Post
    We pulled out the whole laser assy and cleaned every single mirror in that machine. The problem was intermittent but we havent received a call back yet. Im pretty sure thats going to take care of it. I will repost if it comes back. Thanks.
    Scanners don't have lasers

Im glad you are always there to correct the new guys like myself. Whatever the unit is called I cleaned it. Thank You.