Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

sharp fo-dc535/4400

This fax machine keeps jamming, at least twice a month and it sometimes generates call backs on me. I have at least 200 of these suckers in the field that I cover and I know it isn't the tray, and it isn't the feed tires.

It just seems like this machine is poorly built.

Oh ya, it jams from the cassette, not internal tray. Customer will remove jam incorrectly ( i know, i know) and leave a piece of the jam behind, then the next jam will push the paper out of reach and I have to split the right side to remove the jam.

It's only a ten minute process but I don't want call backs anymore any ideas?

Technician 250+ Posts
    There are a lot of things that could cause jamming in these machines! If you are sure it is jamming from the cassette, I can give you some places took look at. First is the tray itself. I have replaced the lift springs because of uneven pressure. Can you try a different tray? Have you tried replacing the feed rollers? (#CROLR2595XH01) It doesn't matter how many prints are on the machine. Other problems are the first tooth on the gear that drives the feed roller shaft. It normally looks cut, but make sure it is not crushed at all or it will hang up and jam. Also check where the solenoid arm contacts the gear for burr's ( gear # NGERH2469XHZZ) Also if the paper gets up to the first set of rollers and is jamming, check the two white idle rollers and shaft. I have seen them get sticky and not provide even pressure.(clean and lubricate the shaft where it contacts the plastic on the frame) I have also had to replace the rollers they contact and the white bearings. (# NROLR2496XHZZ and LBSHP2109XHZZ) It is trial and error. I have been working on these for years and they can really stink! Thank god it is not the internal tray that is jamming. These are not fun to disassemble.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts robscopyr's Avatar

Re: sharp fo-dc535/4400

Mtech, do you know the part # for the drawer itself? and no Paul... I dont want to buy the manual for one part.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    sharp fo-dc535/4400

Re: sharp fo-dc535/4400

Quote Originally Posted by robscopyr View Post
    Mtech, do you know the part # for the drawer itself? and no Paul... I dont want to buy the manual for one part.
    p/n = CCASP2164XH01

That part number is probably as old as this thread.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --