Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Foe from Buffalo View Post
    What other websites / boards have you found for tech's? You are correct ccopy.....but we still ave to service the ones that are in the field for years to come...
    Good luck and if I find anything, I'll be sure to post it here.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Anyone know how to get the HS2000 scanner to be able to be used as a stand alone scanner. The HS2000 is sold by Riso and can be used with the HC5500's and rips but Riso has no info on being able to use it with out the 5500 and rips. I know Riso doesn't make it and a diriver must be available to make it possible as a stand alone.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    So just plugging it in won't work? The rips run a custom linux version on them. (I forget which)
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I don't know how to run/use linux so I guess that's possible. And no just plugging it in to XP it will not work in fact when you go to device manager in Windows it doesn't know it's plugged in.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccopy View Post
    These machines had a niche for about 6 months before Xerox & Konica Minolta came in blew RISO's claim to having the cheapest cost per click full color. When people realized that the HC 5000 and 5500's were nothing but medium quality ink jet printers, RISO fell flat on their faces. The demand for these machines was non-existent so not a whole lot of people were trained on these machines.

RISO will not deal directly with someone that owns one of their machines. RISO has subs that are forced to stay within their contracted boundaries. Any RISO dealer that steps outside their boundary to either sell supplies or service machines will immediately be sued or license revoked.

Therefore you will not find very many people that will be able to assist you in trouble-shooting.

I know a little about these machines but not enough to assist you...I'm sorry.
    I agree with what ya posted but the part I underlined. Ohhh... we can prove that is not as correct as they want you to think it is.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Foe from Buffalo View Post
    Anyone know how to get the HS2000 scanner to be able to be used as a stand alone scanner. The HS2000 is sold by Riso and can be used with the HC5500's and rips but Riso has no info on being able to use it with out the 5500 and rips. I know Riso doesn't make it and a diriver must be available to make it possible as a stand alone.
    How is it interfaced to the HC? If its USB you might need a special driver but if its SCSI then you might be able to use a standard Twain driver.