I have a recurring problem with the Samsung software associated with my CLX-3175FN.

On my iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running OS X 10.6.3 I had a temporary problem trying to get my Smart Panel icon to come alive ( and automatically show printer supply levels etc when I selected 'Print'. This had worked as advertised on my old MacBook G4 (10.5) and my iMac (even after I upgraded to 10.6).

Having contacted Samsung support they had experimented with a Mac and could not replicate the problem so concluded it could only emanate from my particular computer. I went through the process of uninstalling the printer, downloading the latest drivers and re-installing all to no avail. One day I awoke my iMac to be presented with a pop up window saying there was an update to my printer software available. Clicked on it - problem solved. SO FAR, SO GOOD!

Now have just set up my new MacBook Pro (Intel Core i5) but, with EXACTLY the same versions of CLX-3175FN software: Print Driver 2.00/Scan Driver1.00/ Smart Panel Driver 2.02.02 and despite several attempts to go through the same re-instalation processes, I cannot awake the Samsung Smart Panel icon on my MacBook - yet all is still fine on my iMac!

I cannot recollect what the 'automatic software update' was that I suddenly received back in Mar this year but it didn't seem to be any different re driver details than what I had noticed before or from what I have listed above.

Anyone any clues please?