Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    hoosier

konica minolta 2900 fax

The machine will not dial out. The message on the screen says "dial waiting" and nothing happens.
    I have no problem receving faxes.

Technician

Lightbulb Dial Tone?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    The machine will not dial out. The message on the screen says "dial waiting" and nothing happens.
    I have no problem receving faxes.
    Most fax machines have a manual "Hook" button and if you hit that you should hear the Dial Tone through a speaker (some have a telephone handset to listen though), if you get a dial tone then hit the number keys and see if it makes a DTMF tone sound through the speaker.

If this works then try to dial the phone/fax number manually and see if it hooks to the other machine, you may need to hit the "start" button to complete the connection after you hear the fax tones "handshake".

Let us know what happens during this test.

hoosier
    Yes, there is a dial tone when you hit the speaker buuton and it will connect to the other fax. It still does not send anything if you try to send a fax without hitting the speaker button first.

Technician
    It sounds like the internal modem can't complete the connection to the Host, it could be that the fax modem is bad.... have you taken it apart and cleaned it? You could also get a replacement modem board from the manufacturer.

Also see if there are any damaged or disconnected cables to the modem board.

albasoul06
    Solution:
    To initialize the machine, perform the following:
    1. Enter the Tech rep mode.
    2. Using the up arrow scroll to [9. data clear].
    3. Select YES on the display panel.
    4. Scroll to [SRAM CLEAR].
    5. Select YES, and follow the instructions on the display panel.

cfiddy

most of the time

and i know it sounds nuts but check to see if the phone cable is pluged into the line port not the tel phone port on the back of the fax!! I have had a ton of calls with this prob!