Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    didi1953

Re: oki c5850 need firmware

hi

i need the firmware for an OKI C8600. Can someone help me?

Thanks

frungle

Hi

I appreciate its a few years old this thread but I am another one guilty of doing a flash format.

Is anybody able to email the firmware file and utility please so I can turn the office printer back in to a network printer rather than a local printer!

Thanks

anto

Does anyone can send me firmware and flash format bin files for my C5850. I'll try to get 980:Fatal Error eventhough I have changed the Fusor.
    I would really apreciate it.

thofi

Hello,

I search the Firmware for my Oki C5650

PJL_p0401_w0401_cA100_aA102.bin

How can help me ?

Thanks

Thomas German Boy :-)

thofi765@arcor.de

JustManuals and Eric1968, would you like to know how this happens? Why people run "flash format" when the service manual 'clearly' says that it should never be used in the field?

Because the service manuals ARE NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION. So when we, the public, are left on our own, Googling high and low to try solving a problem, unable to find any service manuals or information about our particular model (in my case, C6050 - yeah, try Googling info for that model!)... we're left trying to piece together broken bits of information. In my case, I had a printer that was on its way to the trash bin due to having a broken LED strip mount. I fixed it up by drilling out the plastic mount point and securing it with a screw - good as new, I thought? I wanted to test it, but it refused to operate due to thinking the magenta toner was empty - though it had plenty. So, without being willing to commit a new cartridge's price to this unknown printer, I tried going through the service menus to reset its toner life.

I spent an entire night just trying to access the service menu, because information on this printer was so hard to find. All I could ever find was a guide for another model, and by sheer trial-and-error, I tried pressing different buttons (+ and -) and got into it. At that point, I was all on my own, and the only option I could find possibly useful was NV Init/Flash Format.

All I ended up doing was wiping my NIC firmware and corrupting the printer. After replacing the toner anyway, the printer worked fine, but only by USB.

That is why I am here now. I don't have "in" connections in the behind-the-scenes world of printer equipment, so I can't exactly offer a "fair" trade. But that's why forums like this exist. People help other people out. Though a fair number of these posts appear to be mentally void individuals bumming for handouts, some of them are knowledgeable, skilled people that found themselves trapped on the wrong side of an information firewall. And it's made worse by people emailing or PMing files directly to one another instead of posting the files directly in the forums for everyone to use.

We just want some information, and since these forums are the only thing Google ever provides when trying to find information, that's where people land. The condescending replies saying to "contact a certified technician", time after time, thread after thread, issue after issue, get very old after a while.

Leave out the snark - put a price tag on your services if it's the freeloading you're worried about. If you're on here because you want to help people out for free, then don't be an ass about it!

And, by the way: isn't there a way to link here in the post (or in a post's answers) the files needed (you know: MuWin, HostIF and tones of BINs ;-) and stop asking for self sending?

I'll continue searching my OKI C511dn NIC F/W files; I don't know yeat what NIC host it mounts, nor what's the Firmware file needed, but I can offer you my outdated founds https://mega.nz/#F!oEkA3JKZ

Technician

Hi
    I am in need of hostif.exe and firmware for the OKI C5550 MFP and a C711
    Hoping someone can help as OKI wont. Can email the files to owencom@hotmail.com if that helps.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FalconFour View Post
    JustManuals and Eric1968, would you like to know how this happens? Why people run "flash format" when the service manual 'clearly' says that it should never be used in the field?

Because the service manuals ARE NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION. So when we, the public, are left on our own, Googling high and low to try solving a problem, unable to find any service manuals or information about our particular model (in my case, C6050 - yeah, try Googling info for that model!)... we're left trying to piece together broken bits of information. In my case, I had a printer that was on its way to the trash bin due to having a broken LED strip mount. I fixed it up by drilling out the plastic mount point and securing it with a screw - good as new, I thought? I wanted to test it, but it refused to operate due to thinking the magenta toner was empty - though it had plenty. So, without being willing to commit a new cartridge's price to this unknown printer, I tried going through the service menus to reset its toner life.

I spent an entire night just trying to access the service menu, because information on this printer was so hard to find. All I could ever find was a guide for another model, and by sheer trial-and-error, I tried pressing different buttons (+ and -) and got into it. At that point, I was all on my own, and the only option I could find possibly useful was NV Init/Flash Format.

All I ended up doing was wiping my NIC firmware and corrupting the printer. After replacing the toner anyway, the printer worked fine, but only by USB.

That is why I am here now. I don't have "in" connections in the behind-the-scenes world of printer equipment, so I can't exactly offer a "fair" trade. But that's why forums like this exist. People help other people out. Though a fair number of these posts appear to be mentally void individuals bumming for handouts, some of them are knowledgeable, skilled people that found themselves trapped on the wrong side of an information firewall. And it's made worse by people emailing or PMing files directly to one another instead of posting the files directly in the forums for everyone to use.

We just want some information, and since these forums are the only thing Google ever provides when trying to find information, that's where people land. The condescending replies saying to "contact a certified technician", time after time, thread after thread, issue after issue, get very old after a while.

Leave out the snark - put a price tag on your services if it's the freeloading you're worried about. If you're on here because you want to help people out for free, then don't be an ass about it!
    The person behind Just Manuals died a few years ago, so he can't respond to your rant.
    In case you missed it though, CTN is mainly for experienced techs, and we do this on our free time. It can also be useful for end users who actually wish to learn about their machines by looking through the years of free information stored in the archives as well. If that doesn't work for you, that's a shame.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 12-24-2015 at 03:42 AM.

oki c5850 need firmware

Just found this site and discovered and wealth of knowledge, one of my techs was refurbishing a few C711's and did the same thing. Thought it would be a great idea to just wipe everything clean, now we have 10 C711 printers with no Network. Anyone have the C711 or C610 firmware BIN it would be greatly appreciated I have the loader just need the file. Thanks,
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by guigonse View Post
    And, by the way: isn't there a way to link here in the post (or in a post's answers) the files needed (you know: MuWin, HostIF and tones of BINs ;-) and stop asking for self sending?

I'll continue searching my OKI C511dn NIC F/W files; I don't know yeat what NIC host it mounts, nor what's the Firmware file needed, but I can offer you my outdated founds https://mega.nz/#F!oEkA3JKZ
    Long time apologize; the complete sharing address was https://mega.nz/#F!oEkA3JKZ!YiWuhQTBl5ym-ilNRPYTaw

No news on my OKI C511dn NIC firmware