Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OKI ES3640e GA

these are part of the bulletin from OKI.
    - Cause:
    The HDD for both the ES3640 and C9800 series do not contain a model identifier by default. When a replacement HDD is ordered for either the C9800 series or ES3640, the product name will be C9800GA by default. The model identifier "ES3640" is stored on the ES3640's CU EEPROM, so in order to resolve this issue it is necessary to synchronize the data on the new HDD with the data on the EEPROM.

-
    Symptom:
    After installing a new toner cartridge (usually one ending in *22 on the toner S/N label), the ES3640 displays an "Incompatible Toner X" (where X is the toner color).
    Cause:
    The MFP product may have been recently updated with new CU F/W or the HDD may have been replaced.

It is rare, but possible, for the ES3640 to lose its "identity" during one of these procedures. If this occurs, the machine does not identify the new toner cartridge correctly. In most but not all cases, if a Configuration Page is printed, the top left corner will show "C9800G" rather than "ES3640e". The new revision toner cartridges for the ES3640 contain updated information on the toner's internal RFID chip. Because of this, if the unit looses it's "identity" it does not identify the toner cartridge correctly and displays the "Incompatible Toner" message.
    Resolution:
    In order to resolve this issue, the unit must be updated with new code. This new code allows the unit to correctly identify the new toner revision information. In the event that the unit is being identified as a C9800G, in addition to resolving the incompatible message, it will also change back to it's proper ES3640 name designation.

This is a very simple process to update the unit. To obtain the updated F/W code, please contact the Oki BTA dealer hotline. Thanks for your cooperation.
    Additional Info:

To identify the toner cartridge revision, refer to the S/N label on the toner cartridge and reference the last two digits of the barcode"

Resolution:
    The model identifier must be synchronized between the new HDD and the CU EEPROM. Please use the following procedure:

1. Replace the original HDD.
    2. Power on the MFP and from the menu select "Admin Menu", then arrow down to "Factory defaults" and press Enter (The MFP will automatically reboot).
    3. Once the unit reboots, check the configuration page and webpage as it should now refer to the unit as an "ES3640".

These are info on bulletins from Okidata. I called OKI and was given a patch for the problem If you are an authorized dealer, it's just a phone call away.
    -
    Symptom:
    After installing a new toner cartridge (usually one ending in *22 on the toner S/N label), the ES3640 displays an "Incompatible Toner X" (where X is the toner color).
    Cause:
    The MFP product may have been recently updated with new CU F/W or the HDD may have been replaced.

It is rare, but possible, for the ES3640 to lose its "identity" during one of these procedures. If this occurs, the machine does not identify the new toner cartridge correctly. In most but not all cases, if a Configuration Page is printed, the top left corner will show "C9800G" rather than "ES3640e". The new revision toner cartridges for the ES3640 contain updated information on the toner's internal RFID chip. Because of this, if the unit looses it's "identity" it does not identify the toner cartridge correctly and displays the "Incompatible Toner" message.
    Resolution:
    In order to resolve this issue, the unit must be updated with new code. This new code allows the unit to correctly identify the new toner revision information. In the event that the unit is being identified as a C9800G, in addition to resolving the incompatible message, it will also change back to it's proper ES3640 name designation.

This is a very simple process to update the unit. To obtain the updated F/W code, please contact the Oki BTA dealer hotline. Thanks for your cooperation.
    Additional Info:

To identify the toner cartridge revision, refer to the S/N label on the toner cartridge and reference the last two digits of the barcode"

-
    Symptom:
    After replacing an HDD in an ES3640 unit, it now identifies itself on the configuration page and webpage as a C9800GA unit.
    Cause:
    The HDD for both the ES3640 and C9800 series do not contain a model identifier by default. When a replacement HDD is ordered for either the C9800 series or ES3640, the product name will be C9800GA by default. The model identifier "ES3640" is stored on the ES3640's CU EEPROM, so in order to resolve this issue it is necessary to synchronize the data on the new HDD with the data on the EEPROM.
    Resolution:
    The model identifier must be synchronized between the new HDD and the CU EEPROM. Please use the following procedure:

1. Replace the original HDD.
    2. Power on the MFP and from the menu select "Admin Menu", then arrow down to "Factory defaults" and press Enter (The MFP will automatically reboot).
    3. Once the unit reboots, check the configuration page and webpage as it should now refer to the unit as an "ES3640".

kahle

Re: OKI ES3640e GA

I have the same proble and have seen it said the if i to set this machine (ES3640e GA)from Factory set, to Shipment set by sending a pjl_ship.bin file to the printer will solve this problem. But, I cant locate this file on any of the OEM software.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kahle View Post
    I have the same proble and have seen it said the if i to set this machine (ES3640e GA)from Factory set, to Shipment set by sending a pjl_ship.bin file to the printer will solve this problem. But, I cant locate this file on any of the OEM software.
    Use the Maintenance Utility to set the machine to Shipping Mode.

kahle

I tried that and it still says all the toner cartidges are incompatible, could it be the "OKIUSER" setting, I changed to "JP1"

Re: OKI c5550mfp

hello, to put in my aftermarket toner C5550MFP toner I get error 614 incompatible. I do.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Aftermarket toner doesn't work with Oki machines. It will damage your drums.

Technician

So I am having this same issue. I am an end user not a dealer. I've had this printer for a while.

I *do* have another ES3640GA that I can get the hard drive out of - should I swap hard drives or is there something simpler for me to do to get the es3640 with the identity crises back up and running?

Thank you.

(where is the hard drive in this thing?)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi, Yeah, swap the hdd's - it should help, if not - let me know.
    Swapping hdd is considered to be one of the simplest things... SHould take you 5 min

Technician

The HDD Swap worked. Turns out that one of my machines is a GA version and the other is not - I assume it comes down to fonts on the hard drive which I'm not too worried about.

Since I am primarily printing PCL jobs out InDesign/Illustrator/Publisher - will I be missing anything not having the 'GA' version?