Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OKI ES3640e GA

OKI ES3640e GA

Hello!
    Can anybody help me with an issue regarding a OKI ES3640e GA ? I did a NVRAM 2 init and now the machine thinks it is a C9800 and all of the toners apears as invalid.
    Thank you!

Toshiba 210c, 310c, 810 bcxprint's Avatar
    Why would do something the service manual directly says in big bold letters DO NOT DO !??? Makes no sense. What error code is it giving regarding the toners? Is it saying something like wrong version toner cartriage or how exactly does it think its a 9800?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Never, never, never do an NVRAM reset on these big color machines! I do Oki machines since 1993 and in all that time I've never had to use this function. Like bcxprint says, the manual says DON'T USE THIS MENU. You never know what will happen when you do this. I think you have to replace the program ROM on the engine board, or the engine board itself. Why did you reset the ROM?

Yes... I know I did a stupid thing... But how can I manage to get out of this..?.. The messages from the equipment are..." incompatible toner black/cyan/magenta/yellow" error codes: 617/616/615/614. I can access the printer through the web interface...and the model displayed is C9800G. It seems that the printer lost it's "identity".. Everything else it's ok..

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    OKI ES3640e GA

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Maybe you can do something with the Maintenance Utility. I've never tried something like this, but it's worth a try.

I already tried this solution and is not working... Indeed you can backup the CU EEPROM from the maintenance application... but in my case this is allready corrupt. I've found a hint regarding this problem. It's seems I have to send to the printer a .pjl file for this model (shiping.pjl) who put the machine in the shiping mode and also restores its identity. Unfortunately I can't find it. I have also found a firmware upgrade utility, but this one incorporates 3 firmware versions(c9600, c9800, ES3640e). The problem is that you can upgrade only an existing model, so if my equipment appears to be a C9800 the utility will send the c9800 fw version to the printer. I would have a chance if I would try to write the CU EEPROM manualy. I've allready managed to read it and indeed it appears to be the C9800 version there. So if I could find the correct version for ES3640e GA ... the only thing I would have to do would be programming the EEPROM with this .bin.

All machines are set to shipping mode when they leave the factory. With the Maintenance Utility you can switch to factory mode or shipping mode (Printer Maintenance - Mode Factory/Shipping). Maybe you can try to set the machine to factory and then to shipping.

I already tried this.. doesn't work...

Think you'll be facing an EPROM replacement... Whish you luck on this one!