Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox Phaser 6250 jams at registration area

Hello All,

I have a customer that has a Xerox Phaser 6250 and she gets paper jams at the registration area of the printer. Maybe 5-7 times jams at registration and then one jam at fuser and then back to several at the registration. Xerox service manuals aren't quite self-explanatory as HP's are (my opinion) but does anyone have any ideas on what this might be? I'll have to go to her house and service it but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and maybe any ideas on what to check for.....Thanks in advance for your help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

have you tried the fuser stall update file from xerox....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If the media is found stalled in or at the fuser, download the appropriate fuser update file listed below, and then refer to InfoSMART Knowledge Base entry Downloading PostScript and Other Files (Firmware, etc.) to a Printer to download the file to the printer.

Fuser Update Files
    For Windows (PC): Download 6250FS.exe

For Macintosh OS 9: Download 6250FS.sit.hqx

For Macintosh OS X: Download 6250FS.dmg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: Once the fuser update file has been successfully downloaded to the printer, the printer will print a confirmation page. Once the confirmation page has printed, power the printer off for 10 seconds, and then power the printer on to complete the file upgrade. This update does not change the printer's firmware version numbers.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    or just tell us you are an end user
    and we will help

Brian

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

Re: Xerox Phaser 6250 jams at registration area

I'll try the fuser stall update and see if that fixes the problem.... I'm actually a student in school and have been working on laser printers for over a year now for a non-profit company that refurbs donated computers, printers, etc. for resale to other non-profit groups. It's part of the Federal Work-Study program, I get paid while I'm enrolled in school...I'll let you know what happens after I've done the update....Thank you.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

It can be the feed assy esp if it has an extra tray. That clutch will fail.

Technician
    Thank you all for your help and suggestions. The problem turned out to be the Fuser stall update. Once I downloaded that and also did a general firmware update the printer printed just fine!! Once again, thank you for all your help and suggestions....

cdebackere

Re: Xerox Phaser 6250 jams at registration area

Quote Originally Posted by dswasley View Post
    Thank you all for your help and suggestions. The problem turned out to be the Fuser stall update. Once I downloaded that and also did a general firmware update the printer printed just fine!! Once again, thank you for all your help and suggestions....
    HI I just visited the site of xerox, but the link to the file seems to be dead.
    Would you still have the file stored locally of your system? If so please mail me the file at 'christof at debackere dot eu'

thanks
    Christof