Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

EPSON Stylus Photo R2400 stalls during power up

the client was using his printer when he tripped over its power cord, it didn't hit the floor but he tripped hard enough to break the outlet cover on the wall when the plugged pulled out! When I power up the motors all energize for a micro second and then the ink and paper leds start alternating back and forth (blinking)..In the operators manual it says a jammed carridge...so Ive got it apart, unplugged all motors etc. and when I power it the lites do there thing. There is no damage from what I can see but something is not happy!!!
    Any ideas...can a fast power cord out of the wall almost kill a power supply?
    Thanks
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    EPSON Stylus Photo R2400 stalls during power up

Re: EPSON Stylus Photo R2400 stalls during power up

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Doubt the power supply has any problems...
    Since it was a sort of a yank pull... i would check for problems on the mechanical side... a damaged/broken sensor... the cleaning station of the printhead, has lots of moving parts, something might have come out of place... could the carriage have slammed on the side and damaged something or the printhead itself? paper tray, is it "parked"?
    I dont know that model... one thing to check is if the carriage is parked the is usually a "brake" somewhere that locks the carriage and doesnt let it come out... maybe that mechanism isnt releasing and the carriage tries to move and cant...
    Just some ideas... but definitly i would start looking at the "mechanical side", rather than power supply/mainboard.

Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

Ive got the covers off and cant see anything stand out....Ive unplugged all the motors and when powered up it still goes to the "blinking" lites...I cant see any board damage but ?
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!