Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gauthier

Oki C9500 problem of colors

My Oki C9500 has a big problem of colors superposition. There are about 0.15 inches between each colors (ex. a green line becomes a Cyan line near a yellow line to 0.15 inches one of the other).
    The printer was blocked, asking me to change the transfert belt, so I reseted the counter (using diagnostic mode>Engine level 4>counter set). This process has unblocked the printer but the problem of color offset appeared. I changed the transfert belt but the problem continue.
    - May be that I changed others parameters by mistake? How to adjust offset colors?
    - Is there an other problem clutch, motor?... (It also tends to do a lot of paper jam)
    Thank you for your lights!

Dam'offset.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts HELIO240's Avatar

Re: Oki C9500 problem of colors

Quote Originally Posted by gauthier View Post
    My Oki C9500 has a big problem of colors superposition. There are about 0.15 inches between each colors (ex. a green line becomes a Cyan line near a yellow line to 0.15 inches one of the other).
    The printer was blocked, asking me to change the transfert belt, so I reseted the counter (using diagnostic mode>Engine level 4>counter set). This process has unblocked the printer but the problem of color offset appeared. I changed the transfert belt but the problem continue.
    - May be that I changed others parameters by mistake? How to adjust offset colors?
    - Is there an other problem clutch, motor?... (It also tends to do a lot of paper jam)

Dam'offset.jpg
    hi, there are another mode of the adjust the register of color .
    Attached Files Attached Files

gauthier

Thank you Hellio for your idea, but this setting can not absorb so much difference.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Oki C9500 problem of colors

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts HELIO240's Avatar

Dam'offset.jpg
    Do you have a manual for this model?If you wish I can send to you.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I know this is a crazy idea, but how about just replacing the worn out transfer belt, rather than fiddling with it for many labor hours?

Who is saving money when you spent 2 hours try to temporarily delay doing a 10 minute job?
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

gauthier

I have the SM and this problem is not exposed precisly.
    Of course, I changed the transfert, belt but the problem continues... Damned !

OkiDataSupportTeam

[QUOTE=gauthier;289013]My Oki C9500 has a big problem of colors superposition. There are about 0.15 inches between each colors (ex. a green line becomes a Cyan line near a yellow line to 0.15 inches one of the other).

Dam'offset.jpg[/QUOTE: Gauthier, Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm from the OkiData North American Support Team and we'd like to help you. From what you've said we think it might be a defective drum, but we're not exactly sure so we'd like to talk to you. Please give us a call (800-654-3282) at your convenience and we'll get to the bottom of this with you. We're here 7x24 so try us any time. We'll also want samples so we can be sure we understand the problem. ]

gauthier

Quote Originally Posted by OkiDataSupportTeam View Post
    Gauthier, Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm from the OkiData North American Support Team and we'd like to help you. From what you've said we think it might be a defective drum, but we're not exactly sure so we'd like to talk to you. Please give us a call (800-654-3282) at your convenience and we'll get to the bottom of this with you. We're here 7x24 so try us any time. We'll also want samples so we can be sure we understand the problem. ]
    Pleased to read you, sorry but I can't call you, I'm in France. But I think too it might be the drums: each ID unit color has about 35000 images ! Besides the problem of color registration the sheets of paper are crumpled and the grey not regular. Is it the symptom of death drum ?
    I want to be sure before changing the ID unit, the cost of 4 drums is about 1/3 of the price of the new C841...

Thank you for your interest in my problem, ' would like to have here a support team like you!

color tuning.jpg

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Pleased to read you, sorry but I can't call you, I'm in France. But I think too it might be the drums: each ID unit color has about 35000 images ! Besides the problem of color registration the sheets of paper are crumpled and the grey not regular. Is it the symptom of death drum ?
    I want to be sure before changing the ID unit, the cost of 4 drums is about 1/3 of the price of the new C841...

Thank you for your interest in my problem, ' would like to have here a support team like you!

color tuning.jpg
    Make sure the ID-sensors are clean. This could also be a defective black drum. Black is the reference for CMY. Had this a few weeks ago with an C9850. CMY were way off and replacing the belt didn't solve it. Replacing the black drum solved it.