Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Toshiba e-Studio 352 fax can't send to some numbers

I have a Toshiba e-Studio 352 copier with fax board. It can't send faxes to some of my clients, or requires 10+ tries to be successful. Other clients have no problems.

I have tried reducing the baud rate, which sometimes works, but there's no way to permanently set this.

Disabling ECM made the problem worse. With ECM disabled, the fax reported it had successfully sent the fax, but, the fax did not actually arrive.

This problem has occurred with clients that use ILECs like Bell or Telus as well as CLECs such as Rogers, Iristel, etc.

I don't have access to most of the receiving fax machines so don't have much information about them. I did receive this from one client's IT team, but I don't know what it means "The sending fax machine did not respond with the DCS message after the DIS from us, therefore the fax failed."

Failure codes are typically 00D0, 00B5, 00B4, or 00D1. I checked the user's manual and it simply says "communication error" which isn't very helpful.

If anyone could give me some advice, I would appreciate it

EDIT: I just noticed that when the recipient's fax supports V.34, faxes are almost always successful. V.17 fails about 40% of the time.
    Last edited by Mango; 06-25-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Technician

Re: Toshiba e-Studio 352 fax can't send to some numbers

How can I tell what model number my fax board is?

I found this: http://www.tams-media.com/tabs2006/3...H_EN_Ver00.pdf but want to make sure I've got the right manual before I go tinkering.

Edit: Google tells me I probably have a GD-1200. Not sure how different that is from the GD-1210.
    Last edited by Mango; 06-25-2012 at 11:30 PM.

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

Re: Toshiba e-Studio 352 fax can't send to some numbers

is your client using a VOIP system for their fax line>
    are the receivers using the VIOP system?
    it may be that the other end needs to make attenuation adjustments in order to receive from your client.
    I could see your client having an issue if they had a problem sending to every fax number they try.
    Have them contact the receivers and have their tech's check their fax machines.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load