Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Phaser 7760 Cyan atc sensor failure meesage

Thumbs up Phaser 7760 Cyan atc sensor failure meesage

Customer first got message to change cyan imaging unit. Changed imaging unit and it worked for little while then pretty heavy concentration of cyan on pages and then the cyan atc sensor failure message. Customer sent me supply usage chart and it shows a scale with amount used for all except cyan toner which it says unknown. is this just a coincidental low cyan or empty cyan toner cartridge . If so why wouldn't machine just say as and request changing it? Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Phaser 7760 Cyan atc sensor failure meesage

This phaser model is similar in design to WC7328, WC7346. I've had a few cases on the WC73xx machines where a newly installed drum cartridge had a seal come off then get lodged into the developer housing. The first symptom was heavy streaks in the defective drum cartridge followed by fault codes with the developer unit for that color.

I suspect you have a similar problem. I would take a new cyan imaging unit, developer and a DV housing to be safe.

Thumbs up Re: Phaser 7760 Cyan atc sensor failure meesage

Thank you Tom. That sounds like a very logical explanation for what may have happened here. I am not sure how to take dev. unit out and will check SM. Why do you think it is showing cyan toner usage as unknown? Frank

In order to remove developer unit for inspection do the various covers and dispenser etc need to be removed in order to slant the imaging unit plate assembly to remove dv unit? Frank

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Phaser 7760 Cyan atc sensor failure meesage

I've never worked on that exact model but from photos I've looked at on google images, it looks a lot like a WC 73xx set up (minus the scanner).

DV housing removal on the WC 7328 line is a bit involved.
    I would follow directions in the SM.

You should be able to examine the DV mag roller while its still installed though. Remove the drum unit and look inside with a flashlight. A normal mag roller on the DV housing will have a layer of developer coating it. If you see any foreign objects stuck to it or a lack of developer on the roller, you know you have a problem with it. (pop out the magenta drum to see what the magenta DV mag roller looks like to compare the two.)

Thanks Tom. I was there today and it was a pain in the ass. I took out the dv unit and took cover off. Nothing inside except developer and appeared to be same amount as other units. Cleaned sensor and toner transport units. Put back + still got Cyan AtC failure . Won't reset. I don't know if trying another cyan toner makes sense as customer had very recently changed that too and I was wondering if there was a problem with it but just got disgusted after spending so much time on machine and will leave it for another day and try to get another Xerox brand cyan toner. Noticed when I went to do tech rep reset there was also a 4-346 and 10-348-350 errors in there. I'll check manual. Frank