I took a part one of these things to replace the hopper assy. After I did that, it said no paper. I discovered I had inadvertently dislodged the metal frame from the front left section so that when the paper tray would slide in it wouldn't hit the paper actuator sensor correctly. So the photointerruptor was always blocked. While I was looking at the different sensors from the front of the machine I lifted up the front end at an angle so the back end was touching the cabinet I had it sitting on. After doing that, the display went out and there is no power. None of the motors move or fan noise.

I took it apart to the frame to fix the no paper problem I created when I tried to not take the whole thing apart. I hoped I would see something for the power issue.

I have tried to turn it on with the fan not plugged in, some sort printer pwbs on the back of it not plugged in, and the NCU? board- has the tel/fax phone line connectors on it. When I say not plugged in, I took them out of the machine. I was going to keep unplugging things to see when it might eventually turn back on again.

It was powering up fine before, the machine would jam every other page from the cassette..worked ok from the bypass.

Thanks for any ideas.

that's what I get for trying to skip some steps!