Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Epson stylus pro 7880 error "ink cartridge error"

Replaced damaged main board for epson stylus pro 7880. New board gives error display "ink cartridge error". Colors are vivid magenta and vivid light magenta. Returned board to epson; they replaced and sent another board. same error displayed. Any help is urgently needed.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Epson stylus pro 7880 error "ink cartridge error"

Lightbulb Re: Epson stylus pro 7880 error "ink cartridge error"

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $14.77 and downloaded immediately from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

gcgarner

Re: Epson stylus pro 7880 error "ink cartridge error"

Argh!! I am getting this same thing with my 9800!!

Just stared a couple of weeks ago. I have not replaced the main board...although I was going to (thought that was the culprit).

I have replaced the ink cartridge, also bypassed the CSIC reader in the bay with another CSIC reader plugged directly into the sub board...no dice, replaced the sub board, now I'm thinking it's the main board. But your post makes me want to re-think it.

Any help is appreciated!

verogadin

Re: Epson stylus pro 7880 error "ink cartridge error"

Quote Originally Posted by ldfrepairs View Post
    Replaced damaged main board for epson stylus pro 7880. New board gives error display "ink cartridge error". Colors are vivid magenta and vivid light magenta. Returned board to epson; they replaced and sent another board. same error displayed. Any help is urgently needed.
    Here is manual for EPSON STYLUS PRO 7900 7910 9900 9910 .... on page 62 ... Error vs Trouble Shooting
    Download epson_stylus_pro_7900_7910_9900_9910.pdf Service diagram. Free manual and datasheet. Working flash bins and service software.