Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sn20

Re: Samsung CLP-315 jam 1 only when I print non-color document.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! You fixed!!!!!

As the attched picture, the solenoid is just under the main controller board.
    I did not remove any toners or HVT which is on the different side of the printer.
    As you said, the sponge pad became thin by pressed many years
    (thickness from 1.5mm to 0.5mm now)
    and the metal plate is almost contacting the solenoid's metal which is
    magnetized a little bit even without the electric current.
    so when I push the metal to the solenoid, it sticks for 1 second and released,
    which means the pickup timing miss match 1 second problem,
    in my case, picking up second paper, then try to print again
    and finally give up and paper jam 1.

I could not find mylar things, so I just overwrap 1 layer of the black electric tape.
    then confirmed it did not stick at all.

then I tested 6 seconds button page.
    Hurray~ now only 1 page configuration paper came out!!!!

About 10 days, I opened my printer case 10+ times finally got the right help from you.
    It's probably impossible to even imagine opening the main board and find the solenoid for sticky or not. so you fixed, not me.

I like to fix things, many appliances and cars and house small problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sn20; 06-25-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung CLP-315 jam 1 only when I print non-color document.

Perfect. Congratulations! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I want to add to this thread as I had what I now believe to be exactly the same problem. My CLP-315W printer would print any page I sent to it, but instead of stopping there, it would immediately afterwards push out one blank piece of paper, then a second copy of the document I had printed and finally it would jam, with a blank piece of paper stuck between the rollers. Reading the many threads and internet anecdotal data about the need to replace the exit sensor, I did that and it did not fix the problem. Then I came upon this thread and the original poster's printer seemed to have symptoms very close to mine. So I checked his theory by printing a colour document (something I never do in daily life) and, like him, I found that it printed without problems. I then took the beast apart, following the instructions and referencing the service manual, which can be found online. It was the deepest I had even been into a printer and I was nervous that I would break something, but it all came apart okay and I took the solenoid out. It is spring-loaded and, like the original poster, I noticed that there was a delay in releasing the spring-loaded piece of metal that the solenoid acts upon.

However I do not believe that the problem was, as the original poster seemed to think, that this piece of metal had become magnetised. As far as I could judge the surface of the "sound deadening" pad that is stuck to the surface had become sticky over time so that it would not release for a second or so - just long enough, I guess, to set another piece of paper rolling through the machinery. Like the original poster, I simply covered it with a piece of electrical tape (having used a cotton bud with some alcohol to clean the surface first) and so far it appears to be working fine. If it fails again in the same way, I will replace the solenoid with a new one since I found them online for about $10. But for now, so far so good. If I had any tips to give anyone attempting to perform the same repair, they would be:

1) Take your time.
    2) Do this somewhere well-lit. My vision is not great and I could not see well enough to have much confidence in what I was doing until I took the whole thing out in the yard and daylight came to my aid.
    3) Don't force anything; use patience.
    4) Be very careful to remember exactly how it came apart so that it goes back together the same way. Taking photos along the way would be a good idea. Use a magic marker/sharpy to mark which screws go in which holes.
    5) When you get to the main circuit board, you do not need to remove it completely; I simply detached the wire connectors plugged into its lower edge and then duck-taped the circuit board to the top of the printer, leaving all the wires attached to its top half in place.

Good luck. Hope this helps someone. I am fond of the printer and I would like to keep it going.

slamtry

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung CLP-315 jam 1 only when I print non-color document.

Quote Originally Posted by slamtry View Post
    ... If I had any tips to give anyone attempting to perform the same repair, they would be:

1) Take your time.
    2) Do this somewhere well-lit. My vision is not great and I could not see well enough to have much confidence in what I was doing until I took the whole thing out in the yard and daylight came to my aid.
    3) Don't force anything; use patience.
    4) Be very careful to remember exactly how it came apart so that it goes back together the same way. Taking photos along the way would be a good idea. Use a magic marker/sharpy to mark which screws go in which holes.
    5) When you get to the main circuit board, you do not need to remove it completely; I simply detached the wire connectors plugged into its lower edge and then duck-taped the circuit board to the top of the printer, leaving all the wires attached to its top half in place.

Good luck. Hope this helps someone. I am fond of the printer and I would like to keep it going.

slamtry
    All good tips. Thanks slamtry. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=