Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

EPSON aculaser C4200

Have a problem with one of these.
    On first visit machine was producing magenta background all over the page but mainly in two bands down the centre.
    Upon removing the photoconductor unit two lines of heavy wear were indeed present in line with the worst areas also machine was showing photoconductor near end of life.

Ordered new drum/belt unit and returned to fit today.
    Machine printed two black and white pages and 1 colour page then when I tried to run the status sheet it had the magenta background all over the page again.
    Removed unit and checked all connections and it appears that a slight residue of toner is present on all colour drums and the transfer belt is fully coated with what appears to be magenta and yellow toner.

Refitted the unit and got a couple of good pages then the magenta background re-appeared and the transfer belt was again fully coated.
    After about 10-15 pages printed machine went into service error 103.

Re-installed old drum unit and error goes away but prints have magenta banding back obviously.

I now think there is another underlying problem as well as the worn belt so do not want to just ask for another in case it does not cure the fault

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: EPSON aculaser C4200

I haven't ever serviced an Epson product, so this might be just so much nonsense.
    Still, for what it is worth, I think you might want to closely check the connectors on the units in question. It sounds like they are not making a good connection.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Check the connector to the imaging unit from the base unit. It slides into position when you close the front cover. The slide rail is aligned with the gear that moves it. The gears can skip and jump out of alignment. There should be a couple of aligment markers to set it right just behind the left cover.