Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Phaser 8650mfp jam

Phaser 8650mfp jam

Paper jam every time as it reach the drum, gears drive assembly looks and runs good. The pins on the gear assembly are not broken.
    Any idea?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Phaser 8650mfp jam

Whats the jam code? Is the lead edge right under the transfix roller or are you making it past that?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Phaser 8650mfp jam

Quote Originally Posted by serviceman View Post
    Whats the jam code? Is the lead edge right under the transfix roller or are you making it past that?

There is no code, only shows "paper jam". The paper stops right under the transfix roller, yesterday I was there and it also made bad noises, I didn't have time to track those down, I only took the paper warmer out to see if all well with the switch, looks fine - cleaned it, still the same jam.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    There is no code, only shows "paper jam". The paper stops right under the transfix roller, yesterday I was there and it also made bad noises, I didn't have time to track those down, I only took the paper warmer out to see if all well with the switch, looks fine - cleaned it, still the same jam.
    What kind of noises? During the print cycle, right before it jammed or during the jam? While the machine is in a jam press the ? Button and then scroll down till you see the error. I'd start with the Y-Axis belt...take off and clean and retry. Don't stretch the belt! If that doesn't work, it might be the Y-Axis motor. If you get the jame code I could give you a more accurate answer.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Phaser 8650mfp jam

What kind of noises? During the print cycle, right before it jammed or during the jam? While the machine is in a jam press the ? Button and then scroll down till you see the error. I'd start with the Y-Axis belt...take off and clean and retry. Don't stretch the belt! If that doesn't work, it might be the Y-Axis motor. If you get the jame code I could give you a more accurate answer.

The noises (banging) I hear now are even when the machine just turned on.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Phaser 8650mfp jam

the error code is 009.42.212202 which I understand is the printhead restraints arms, can't see any broken parts around the arms or drive gears, the belts are bit loos. Any idea what most likely?