Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technical Manager 50+ Posts Garp's Avatar

Question HP cLJ CM6040f MFP locked down to core

Hello everyone,
    EDIT:
    recently we received 6x of the above-mentioned HP machines. The problem is that they are locked down with a bootloader password.
    Questions are: is there any other way to get rid of the set password without using Webjet Admin? Is it possible to switch off this lock feature with the Webjet Admin - not knowing the password?

(Just to make it clear: we are a company who deals with end-of-lease and end-of-life photocopiers. HP's make less than 5% of our machines so we are in a lack of knowledge about them.)

Practical answers are highly appreciated and welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Garp; 09-28-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: HP cLJ CM6040f MFP locked down to core

try replacing the hard drive. if the machine boots without the password screen after this, then, you can format the hard drive that was removed on you computer and return it. just a thought, maybe you done this already.

when you use the computer to format the drive, first erase the partition and then format.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Technical Manager 50+ Posts Garp's Avatar

Re: HP cLJ CM6040f MFP locked down to core

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    try replacing the hard drive. if the machine boots without the password screen after this, then, you can format the hard drive that was removed on you computer and return it. just a thought, maybe you done this already.

when you use the computer to format the drive, first erase the partition and then format.
    Thank you for the answer subaro. Nope I didn't try it, actually they have been put aside hoping there is a more peaceful solution. It seems there is not :/. I'll give it a try anyways (and I'll get back with the result).

Cheers.

EDIT: changing HDD brought no success (like it was expected as bootloader password has nothing to do w HDD - i mean it is not storedon it or so). But thanks anyways.
    Last edited by Garp; 10-05-2015 at 01:51 PM.