Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Oki C7300N Display showing dots but never gets ready.

Hello,

So I don't know but we took a call not one of our customers on an OKI C7300 I am ricoh guy and rarely see an Oki product except for the once in a while consumable part replacement. Anyway I got this call which I have not gone to yet, but the customer said they display is just showing dots but the machine never comes to ready. Any Oki techs out there know what this would be a symptom of, on a Ricoh i would say HDD is toast, but I am not sure on an Oki if thats the case also pretty sure Oki HDDs store the system software so if the HDD is replaced you need access to Oki system software to reinstall it on the new HDD.

Hoping before I go someone can confirm this or point me in the general direction, if it is an HDD and does indeed have to have system reloaded I have no idea where to get it as we don't deal in Oki products or have support for them.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Re: Oki C7300N Display showing dots but never gets ready.

Well in case this helps anyone else in the future, Oki support did help with some information, this model was about 12-15 years of age had only a USB interface, no HDD, and pretty basic controller. Determined this error was likely caused by recent power failures, and looks like the controller is the likely culprit. Unfortunately because of its age investigating it beyond that really wasn't worth it, it could be the controller, or the dimm, or nvram but narrowing it down any further with lack of part availability and cost in time and labor it pretty much exceeds the value of a decade old machine. This one goes to the boneyard.