Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    holmesprint

Unhappy Oki CX3641 Will Not Complete Startup

Hello, I am new to this forum and am really hoping someone can help. We have an Oki MFP CX3641 that we bought new in 2009 and had under contract until the company no longer supported it. We use it as our proof printer and recently it quit finalizing the startup procedure. It will go through all the steps and get to the last screen where the toner levels are shown but the screen keeps saying please wait... I have left it that way for hours and it never goes further. I tried (up arrow, down arrow, menu) buttons on startup but that does not seem to take it into system maintenance mode as it should. The machine has an embedded Fiery Rip. I am hoping I can do some sort of restore or format so we can use it again. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help!

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Oki CX3641 Will Not Complete Startup

Re: Oki CX3641 Will Not Complete Startup

Quote Originally Posted by holmesprint View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum and am really hoping someone can help. We have an Oki MFP CX3641 that we bought new in 2009 and had under contract until the company no longer supported it. We use it as our proof printer and recently it quit finalizing the startup procedure. It will go through all the steps and get to the last screen where the toner levels are shown but the screen keeps saying please wait... I have left it that way for hours and it never goes further. I tried (up arrow, down arrow, menu) buttons on startup but that does not seem to take it into system maintenance mode as it should. The machine has an embedded Fiery Rip. I am hoping I can do some sort of restore or format so we can use it again. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help!
    could be you've had a hard drive fail or your fiery OS has been corrupted. When I used to service the Hoki's the Fiery was reloaded from a flash drive after you set a dip switch on the controller. I had to get that flash drive from Hoki support, at the time I worked for a dealer and it was free to dealers. inyour case it won't be free...........If the hard drive has failed you will still have to reload the Fiery..............................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

holmesprint

Hello,
    Thanks so much for taking a stab at my problem In thinking this through, I decided to buy another CX3641 from a dealer. It is used but has a very low page count. In setting it up, I was struggling to get the network configured and in the process ended up going into system maintenance by holding up and down arrows and menu button while booting up. I'm afraid I somehow changed the setting under OKIUSER and now whenever the machine boots up I get an incompatible toner error for all the colors. Even though it is now configured and on the network it seems the errors prevent me from printing. I also did a restore factory defaults but with same results. Do you know what the correct OKIUSER setting is, and is there any way to get rid of the incompatible toner error? BTW the toner in the machine is 100% genuine. Thanks for any help!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Oki CX3641 Will Not Complete Startup

figured this out the hard way... go into OKIUSER, set it to the 2nd listing. Back out, then go back in and set it back to the 1st item in the list. That should change the printer info to a C9800 or C9650 which ever it really is in the US. Toner will recognize.

Mine went from Cx3640e to C9800G

fixed all the issues with color accuracy.