Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Oki ES5461 claims toner empty after drum kit replacement

Good morning all.

I'm trying to find out what's wrong with this machine I'm not familiar with. It's the first time I repair this model in general and this one machine in particular.

Before I had the pleasure of being aquainted with it, the drum unit assembly was replaced and, I've been told, the replacement procedure was carried out as per the instructions.

The problem is that now the machine claims the toners C, M and K are empty - but the K toner is new, it clearly has toner inside it, but the machine keeps telling it's empty.

Sadly I don't have either the drum replacement sheet and the machine's service manuals (hint! hint!), so I'm a bit at a loss here.

If anyone familiar with either the machine or the problem (or, preferably, both) reads this, some help would be greatly apreciated.

Cheers!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Oki ES5461 claims toner empty after drum kit replacement

What drums were replaced? ES series oki machines use the same drums and toners as the regular Mc range except the chips r different. That could possibly cause the issue.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

if they didn't put a BRAND new toner on the replaced drums... the drums dump alot of toner into it to get it ready to print.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elmtech View Post
    What drums were replaced? ES series oki machines use the same drums and toners as the regular Mc range except the chips r different. That could possibly cause the issue.
    Unfortunately I wasn't the tech who replaced the drum set. Unfortunately I don't have the box to confirm they are the right ones, although my colleague confirms they were genuine. Must look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    if they didn't put a BRAND new toner on the replaced drums... the drums dump alot of toner into it to get it ready to print.
    As I said, I don't know the procedure to replace the drum set, but my colleague told me it involved installing a set of "fake" toner cartridges (just the assembly, no chip and no toner) and that the procedure apparently went through without any hitch - the problems started afterwards.

Thanks for your 0,02€ (or $ if prefered).
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!