Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

Samsung to HP transition...Thought and Opinions?

Greetings all!

Been a while since I have had the time to cast a shadow on my Keyboard. Hope you are all run off your feet with work! It pays the bills..

I was just tinkering the new lineup from HP. These machines are the newest on the market having Samsung Guts and Screws. Be as I have Zero experience on the HP lines at all, I must say I am very dissappointed in the changes made here. I was expecting for HP to adopt the Android Tablet as the Control Panel and such, but as it seems they have decided to integrate their own Future 4 UI...which sucks. I have been testing and learning the way the Thing is set up and I have to say it just irks me to even look at it. The layout Looks relatively clean and all, but that just means all Options are buried in the apps. For example, it takes 4 selections just to Switch the Color from black to Color. I understand the fact that Android in it's own way can be interpreted as complicated, but being Android we were able to Setup the homescreen as complex as we wanted (for the gear-heads) and as simple as can be for the Grandmas out there. I liked the freedom from Android. Web Interface has changed incredibly also. I find the layout very different and somewhat unclear in some Areas.I suppose there is always time for improvement and such. It's early days. Just curious of what you guys think of These new machines. Would love to hear some rants!

Well, I feel better. Thanks for reading.

I applologize about my grammar. Just noticed that i forgot to Switch my language to English. Hence the weird Capitalization. All the best.

This is in reference to the HP Laserjet managed E77825dn. In case someone was curious.

Now get back to work!

Mitch

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung to HP transition...Thought and Opinions?

Thumbs down Re: Samsung to HP transition...Thought and Opinions?

I have never been impressed with ANY of the Samsucks line.. I mean why would HP ( #1 for so long ) revert to a 3rd world type machine? Crappy gear trains .. poor service interface. NOTHING really designed well. I'm sure it will cause a drop in their market share...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

Re: Samsung to HP transition...Thought and Opinions?

I know what you mean. I just had something happen this morning with one of These machines. Customer called and said the machine is printing very faded prints. I went to go and see what the Problem was and do you think i could get the thing to print a decent print. i tried everything...calibrating, Firmware update, cleaning, and even changed the belt/drums to troubleshoot where the origin was. After I tried everything I thought to try a complete Memory clear with all the original parts (belts, drums) in. After I did the Memory clear I imported all the Settings back and tried a test print and everything was back to normal. Can anyone explain why this is??? I mean seriously? You wanna know the saddest part of the whole Story?? Boss informed me today that we got a new contract with the City here and starting in a couple weeks the first Batch of 180 machines will be here!!! OMG! 180 lemons. sad sad sad. I think i will move back to Canada now. Anyone hiring??

Hope you are all well today. All the best!

Mitch