Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Fuser motor Oki MPS5502

Hi All

Has anyone sucessfully replaced the fuser motor in a MPS5502 Oki MFP. I've been at it for a couple days and the thing just won't come out.
    Oki suggested replacing motor after 3 tries at replacing the fuser unit F101 and C4E3 error codes all the time.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Fuser motor Oki MPS5502

Re: Fuser motor Oki MPS5502

Quote Originally Posted by Sharptech56 View Post
    Hi All

Has anyone sucessfully replaced the fuser motor in a MPS5502 Oki MFP. I've been at it for a couple days and the thing just won't come out.
    Oki suggested replacing motor after 3 tries at replacing the fuser unit F101 and C4E3 error codes all the time.

you have to remove all boards.. you really don't have to remove the scanner to get the eject assy out..the manual covers pretty well. I have replaced one in the MB770 ( same as 5502) but it was a bear.. hidden screws and a PIA to do

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Fuser motor Oki MPS5502

I was working on the Toshiba rebadge of this machine for jamming. I was fairly certain that the fuser was turning slowly, but could not decide between the fuser and the fuser motor.

You can probably understand my relief when the fuser fixed it. Oddly, I could not find any difference between new and used fuser. In the short term I could set the used fuser to envelope pressure and it would feed.

At one point I had every cover off this machine, and the darned exit section just did not want to come out. I do not envy you.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

F101 is hard drive.Never had to replace a fuser motor but fusers on that machine go all the time.We get between 40K to 80K usually.C4E3 is a fuser lock error(fuser speed problem)We have replaced fuser on the MPS3537 for this code but have not done a motor yet.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Fuser motor Oki MPS5502

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I was working on the Toshiba rebadge of this machine for jamming. I was fairly certain that the fuser was turning slowly, but could not decide between the fuser and the fuser motor.

You can probably understand my relief when the fuser fixed it. Oddly, I could not find any difference between new and used fuser. In the short term I could set the used fuser to envelope pressure and it would feed.

At one point I had every cover off this machine, and the darned exit section just did not want to come out. I do not envy you.
    =^..^=
    the exit is a B!tch to get out ... Oki tells us for the E010 jam code.. replace in order fuser - Eject ... but in most of the 20+ units of the MB760 or MPS5502 it has been the reg/hopper assmy... E010 is a catch all code for jams from pickup to eject.