Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Oki MC860

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Oki MC860

What would cause this??? Only occurs when copying and printing in color. Thanks!!!

Screenshot (2).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Oki MC860

Try resitting the LED cables.If that doesn't not work try replacing them(not a fun job thou)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

I went out and wiggled the cables because I was unsure how they plugged in (flashlite batteries died and couldn't see well) and the print problem went away. Then after getting another flashlite I saw how they plugged in and reseated each one with the result being print quality went from worse than when I started. Finally an error code 131 (which I understand to be the yellow LED) came up leaving the printer down(when will I learn to say no to equipment "especially color" I know nothing about). I'm now looking to find source for LEDs and/or is this fuse replaceable. Thanks!!!
    P.S. when I was reseating the cables I believe I had the machine on would that have caused the error code??? Thanks!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Oki MC860

Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    I went out and wiggled the cables because I was unsure how they plugged in (flashlite batteries died and couldn't see well) and the print problem went away. Then after getting another flashlite I saw how they plugged in and reseated each one with the result being print quality went from worse than when I started. Finally an error code 131 (which I understand to be the yellow LED) came up leaving the printer down(when will I learn to say no to equipment "especially color" I know nothing about). I'm now looking to find source for LEDs and/or is this fuse replaceable. Thanks!!!
    P.S. when I was reseating the cables I believe I had the machine on would that have caused the error code??? Thanks!!!
    yup you were the cause of the 131 code.. NEVER NEVER EVER wiggle cables with the machine powered up .. there is no replaceable fuse.. you must now replace the Maintenance Board

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Oki MC860

the LEDS have a 5 year warranty ... but you screwed the pooch on the board.

are you a certified OKI tech?