Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: OKI CX4545 CE40

Question OKI CX4545 CE40

I did a black devloper PM on this machine and was able to run 08-2707 and 05-2404 but 08-2742 always fails.
    I worked through the troubleshooting steps on pages 721-722 of the manual with no luck. I have cleaned the image quality and positioning sensors, verified shutter operation, visually inspected laser unit for abnormalities, opened up the k and c dev units looking for abnormalities, reseated connectors, and visually inspected LGC board.
    When running some test prints I noticed neither black or cyan patterns are being deposited on the transfer belt. I was told it is most likely springs on the transfer belt but I am unsure.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: OKI CX4545 CE40

Usually get that code when that charger brakes off.Also might want to try the Toshiba forum since thats who makes this box.

Quote Originally Posted by richs View Post
    Usually get that code when that charger brakes off.Also might want to try the Toshiba forum since thats who makes this box.
    I am aware the machine is essentially a Toshiba 4520c rebanded as an Oki. In this case reseating the connectors wasnt enough. Somehow when reinstalling LVPS after replacing shutter motor some debris ended up in the LVPS connector on front of machine causing the cyan and black not transfer to belt causing the ce40 error. Less than a year into copier repair and I'm as green as ever. Thanks for the advice richs.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    OKI CX4545 CE40

CE40 is the lack of density patches on the belt. It's usually a developing issue. When you ran 05-2404 did the developer set in an acceptable range?

Once I had a customer empty the waste bottle, cap over the holes, then re-install the capped bottle. Well ... you won't ever have to worry about the waste bottle filling ever again. But the drum units did. Cyan and black backed up, then packed solid, then the drum motor stopped turning. Then the CE40's.

Another common CE40 failure is the primary charge seesaw, or the pin in the charge endlock. In either case, the charge scorotron and/or grid can fall loose, or fall off. But, you say, charge loss means totally black copies (or whatever color)!! Well that's true. The copies are totally black for about 12 seconds until all the toner is sucked out of the developing unit. Then there's no black, and the toner supply cannot ever keep up.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=