Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Okidata MC361 Paper jam

Customers MC361 gets a 380 paper jam over and over. Replaced the bottom feed rollers and made sure the transfer belt is seated and locked. Can't find anything in the paper path. paper always makes it past the second paper sensor and to the edge of the transfer belt. Tried another tray from another machine. Nothing helps. I'm pretty sure it's a timing issue.I don't have another 361 but I do have a 561. Anyone have any ideas? Firmware maybe? It only has 6500 copies on it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Okidata MC361 Paper jam

Re: Okidata MC361 Paper jam

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky965 View Post
    Customers MC361 gets a 380 paper jam over and over. Replaced the bottom feed rollers and made sure the transfer belt is seated and locked. Can't find anything in the paper path. paper always makes it past the second paper sensor and to the edge of the transfer belt. Tried another tray from another machine. Nothing helps. I'm pretty sure it's a timing issue.I don't have another 361 but I do have a 561. Anyone have any ideas? Firmware maybe? It only has 6500 copies on it.
    WOW what a plethora of information!

ERROR CODE?
    Clean Sensors?
    Feed Rollers clean?

Technician

Had cleaned sensors with air and then cloth. Ran 350 copies through the MP tray without a jam. Can't make 5 below without a jam. sometimes a few more. Replaced both rollers in feed tray pickup. Gear engages in the bottom. Right now I'm seeing if it will make singles consistently. Swapped paper tray from a good machine also for right now.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Okidata MC361 Paper jam

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky965 View Post
    Had cleaned sensors with air and then cloth. Ran 350 copies through the MP tray without a jam. Can't make 5 below without a jam. sometimes a few more. Replaced both rollers in feed tray pickup. Gear engages in the bottom. Right now I'm seeing if it will make singles consistently. Swapped paper tray from a good machine also for right now.
    What size is set for cassette

And what paper loaded?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Technician

made 400 through multipath without a jam. Loaded thicker paper in tray 1 and it is not jamming as often. Will look further.
    Last edited by Ricky965; 04-02-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Technician

****######***$$$@@@@ bad replacement feed roller clutch. The original failed and the replacement apparently was slipping on the shaft. Replaced it with the one from the other machine and problem solved. GRRRRR