Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ice cream

Post Help with an Imagistics 4511

We had an Imagistics 4511 given to us and I am trying to get it up and going. I have heard that this is a Sharp unit in disguise.

My computer guy who does not have much experience with copiers told me to get a new toner cartridge and some developer. So I did. Put the new toner cartridge in and did not add any developer as the unit felt like it already had a ton in it.

Fired it up and it printed one copy and then the screen was saying that it was "recharging the toner" or something like that. It is now saying to check the toner cartridge code F2-02

Any idea? Does anyone have a list of trouble codes for this machine.

Do you think a Sharp tech would be able to help out. I don't really want to call the local OCE guys as I heard they are a joke.

One other question. Are the developer cartridges refillable? I am assuming they are as I can purchase a bag of developer. I just did not see any type of filling port.

Thanks

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Help with an Imagistics 4511

Yes the Imagistics 4511 is a Sharp AR-M455. F2-02 is a toner sensor abnormality. The toner sensor in the developer unit is not sensing enough toner in the developer. The sensors in these very rarely go bad, but it's possible. More likely there is a problem with the cartridge. Stupid question, but did you unseal the cartridge after putting it in the machine?
    The 2 screws on the DV unit are removed to dump the developer & replace it. after replacing it, you'd need to run simulation 25-2 to set the developer reference level.
    I'd recommend getting a Sharp technician to look at it. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

ice cream

Answer

The developer appears very full and some has leaked out. I suspect this whole unit was possibly stored on its side. Would it be best to empty the existing developer and then refill with the new stuff that I have.

I did pull the tape off the new toner cartridge. I did mess one thing up, by removing the tape before I slid the cartridge in. Not sure if that would mess something up.

Is running that simulation very difficult?

Thanks for your help

It'd be worth a try. Remove the 2 screws. Empty out the old developer. We generally vacuum out the DV unit, but we have special vacuums. It contains toner, so do it slowly or you'll have a big toner cloud. Clean it out the best you can. Shake the new bag of developer & pour it in. Slide the toner cartridge & dv unit in the machine. WITH THE FRONT DOOR OPEN, power on the machine. Enter the simulation by pressing in sequence # * C * the display will say enter simulation. Now closethe front door. You want simulation 25 start then 2 start. This will run for about 2 minutes. After that, you can use the CA key to exit simulation. LMK if you need anything else.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I agree with tmaged.

Just a little background information:
    There is a very specific amount of developer, which has a very specific percentage of toner. If the quantity of developer decreases, or the magnetic properties of the developer decrease (as it does this naturally over time & copies), or an incompatible toner is installed, the developer is ruined and cannot be restored to the correct quantity & proportion. The only way to fix a developer problem is to dump it out (when emptying be sure to rotate the gear on the end of the magnetic roller to help feed out the remaining developer), and install the whole bag of new developer (if you rotate the roller during developer installation only rotate from the top of the unit downward, or it will dump on the table. Better yet don't rotate). When you run simulation 25-2, the machine agitates the developer and stores the value of the magnetic properties of the new developer. When this ideal value is stored, the toner density will be maintained at that level.

Also run sim 24-05 to reset the developer copy count, and sim 24-11-2 to reset the # of developer rotations (compensates for age of the developer).

I know.... too much information. But if you know why you're doing it, you may avoid a simple mistake. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Any Luck with this?
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

costar55

Re: Help with an Imagistics 4511

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Any Luck with this?
    this procedure 25 02 worked for me.... thank you so much you're a hero!